LOOKING UP: YEARS TO COME
- BillCom Foodservice promotes 2 publishers. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the promotion of Jess Grossberg and Walter Schruntek to new positions in the publishing group BillCom FoodService. Grossberg as publisher of `Restaurant Business'; Schruntek as editor and publisher of `FoodService Director'; Career background.
- Time warp. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p70
Profiles a group of magazine professionals in the United States. Includes Mike Lafavore; John Wilson; Roger Black; David Obey; Christy Haubegger; Larry Burke; Martha Stewart; Cathie Black; Johnny Wilson.
- RECOGNIZING FORMER EDITORS IN CHIEF. // Real Estate Issues;Summer2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, piv
Recognizes the efforts of former editors in chief of the periodical `Real Estate Issues.' Contributions of James H. McMullin and Jean C. Felts to the periodical.
- Critical thinking. Espinoza, Zapata // Mountain Bike;Mar96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Recounts the author's experiences as an editor of a bike magazine. Criticisms on his comments on various products; Need for readers to read the truth; Similarities between his opinions and the truth.
- A message from the new editor. Edyburn, Dave L. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the plans of the author as new editor of `Teaching Exceptional Children' periodical. Benchmark of quality and innovation learned from predecessors; Recognition of responsibility for contribution to professional development; Improvement of quality of information provided to the field.
- A new beginning. Nangle, Craig // Motor Age;Nov96, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p94
Relates the thoughts of the author as appointed technical editor for the `Chilton's Motor Age' magazine. Interest in automobiles as an adolescent; Career highlights; Commendation of the in-depth hands-on format adapted by magazine.
- Their eyes have zine the glory. Wilson, Steve; Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;1/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on mainstream magazine editors venturing into zines. Editors of `Paris in the 20s'; Zine newsletter `Obscure Publications'; Encroachment of mainstreamers into zineland causing resentment among non-journalists.
- A very good year. Huhn, Mary; Adams, Mark // Brandweek;3/4/96, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
Features editors and publishers of the 1995 best selling magazines in the United States. Includes Amy Churgin of `New York' magazine; Mitchell Fox of `Vanity Fair'; Ann Jackson of `InStyle'; W. Randall Jones of `Worth'; Michael Klingensmith of `Entertainment Weekly'; Kim Mac Leod of `Country...
- Until we meet again. Beck, Paul E. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Nov97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p9
Relates experiences in editing the periodical `Consulting-Specifying Engineer.' Role in Reed Elsevier Business Information; Upcoming chief editor; Observation of events during his time.