61 SITES, 21 STATES: Canteen scores prison deal
- Bias charge in jail food contract. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;8/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p1
A firm that had hoped to oust a politically connected competitor on a huge Cook County contract instead is pulling out of the bidding â€” complaining of "flawed and biased" county procurement procedures. In a blunt letter to Sheriff Michael Sheahan and other county officials Friday, Canteen...
- Canteen serves 8,000 inmates. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p36
Reports that the Canteen Correctional Svcs. of Compass Group, North American Division has been awarded its first national contract for food and service in Cornell Corrections. Terms of the contract; How Cornell Corrections operates; Services to be provided by the company.
- Canteen Correctional Services begins offering meals in P.R. prisons. Gonzalez-Velazquez, Joanisabel // Caribbean Business;5/13/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Canteen Correctional Services (CCS) has nabbed a three-year contract valued at $54 million to serve meals in Puerto Rico prisons. Issuance of an order by Corrections and Rehabilitation Secretary Miguel Pereira to comply with a ruling in the class-action lawsuit Morales Feliciano v....
- Not exactly a new hotel. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p3
Presents a photograph story regarding the Southern Nevada Women's Correctional facility built by Corrections Corp. of America.
- CORRECTIONS CORP. AWARDS MODULAR PRECAST CELL CONTRACTS. // Concrete Products;Sep2006, Vol. 109 Issue 9, pPC6
The article reports on the new modular precast cell contracts awarded to Corrections Corp. of America. The company had been contracted for the Bay County Jail Annex expansion in Panama and the Gadsden Correctional Facility expansion in Quincy. A 688-bed expansion is intended for Bay County Jail...
- Partner Profile. // Corrections Today;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p12
The article profiles the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA), a partner organization of the American Correctional Association (ACA) as well as a private entity that manages 60 prisons, detention facilities, and residential reentry centers on a concession basis in 20 U.S. states as of 2014.
- Arizona prison system converts to contractors. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the Arizona Department of Corrections' decision to change menus and turn its remaining self-operated facilities over to foodservice contractors. Contract won by Canteen Correctional Services, a division of the Compass Group USA, and Correctional Foodservice Management; Annual savings...
- Private Sector News. // Corrections Today;Jul2004, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p100
Presents news briefs related to the private sector in the U.S. as of July 2004. Design contract awarded to SchenkelShultz Architecture by Collier County, Florida, for the Naples Jail Expansion and Renovation; Agreement between corrections government agencies' management services provider...
- Considering the Policy Consequences of Private Prisons. WINDISH, JOE // Moderate Voice;2/23/2012, p5
The article discusses the move of Corrections Corp. of America (CCA) to ask U.S. states to consider the benefits of partnership corrections. In a letter sent to 48 states, CCA offers to take over state prisons in the country. It reveals that the largest ever proposed expansion of private prisons...