NRA RECAPS RECENT F/S VICTORIES
- E. coli fallout: Dems to fast-track reforms. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;1/1/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that Democratic leaders and the food service industry have decided to take action for avoiding food-borne diseases in 2007. Democratic leaders in both houses of Congress have promised to enact mandatory regulations to ensure safe food supply. The National Restaurant...
- NRA, NCCR join fight vs. ethanol policies. Frumkin, Paul; Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;5/12/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that the National Restaurant Association (NRA), National Council of Chain Restaurants (NCCR) and 19-member coalition have petitioned U.S. Congress to reconsider governmental incentives to turn corn and food-related products into fuel. The group urges Congress to weigh effects...
- NRA builds clout in DC. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p20
Reports that the National Restaurant Association will lead industry associations in lobbying campaigns at the United States Congress in 1999 according to survey findings from the periodical `Fortune.'
- Happy Days Will Soon Be Here Again. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2001, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p12
Editorial. Criticizes issues on the food industry in the United States as of July 2001. Predictions of Roger Cass on several economic events since the 1970s to 2001; Argument of Steven Anderson, the chief of the National Restaurant Association, against the advertisement of Imodium A.D. which...
- Serving up safety. MacDonald, Julie // Hotel & Motel Management;8/16/93, Vol. 208 Issue 14, p26
Reports on the foodservice and hospitality organizations to develop and revise food safety training and certification programs. Annual number of deaths from foodborne illnesses; National Restaurant Association's ServSafe certification program and the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point...
- Smallest businesses having some big successes. Applegate, Jane // San Diego Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the highlights of a food industry show sponsored by the National Restaurant Association featuring the success of some small businesses of the industry in Chicago, Illinois. Expansions; Featured exhibits; Comments from association officials; Developments and innovations.
- NRA COUNTERS CRITICS: 'Foodservice driving economy'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p20
Presents an assessment of the food service industry in the United States as of 2001 by the National Restaurant Association. Increase in food service sales; Impact of the industry on national economy; Contribution of the industry to economic recovery.
- CALENDAR. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/15/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p62
A calendar of events for the food service industry in New York City is presented which includes the BCA's annual Global Food and Wine Experience, the Michigan Restaurant Show and the 2008 Public Affairs Conference by the National Restaurant Association.
- Industry offers fruitful careers. Sweeney, Dawn // Nation's Restaurant News;2/21/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the career opportunities in the members of the U.S. National Restaurant Association.