ORGANIC APPETITES GROW IN U.S
- TRUCK LUCK. THYGESEN, REBECCA // Vegetarian Times;Nov2011, Issue 389, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Munching on the Move," which appeared in the July/August 2011 issue.
- ORGANIC TO GO HITS FAST TRACK. Vosburgh, Robert // SN: Supermarket News;Spring2005 Whole Health Supplement, p10
Reports on the outcome of the federal bankruptcy court auction involving food service chain Organic To Go in the U.S. Properties acquired by the retail chain; Value of the accepted bid; Plans of Organic To Go CEO Jason Brown for the operations of the retail chain by 2007.
- NATURAL ORDER. Sung, Amy // SN: Supermarket News;Spring2005 Whole Health Supplement, p14
Reports on the growth of organic and natural food servings in restaurants in the U.S. Percentage of family-dining restaurant operators with more orders for organic items from 2003 to 2005; Effect of organic food offerings on the performance of restaurants; Response of the public to the organic...
- Small Soldiers and Better Food. Wright, Jr., Fred W. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2000, Issue 178, p13
Highlights the decision of the Berkeley United School District to require schools in Berkeley, California to provide students with pesticide-free, herbicide-free and hormone-free foods. Details on the implementation of the decision; Challenges faced by Berkeley's organic foods project; Opinion...
- Carrot & stick. // Vegetarian Times;Sep97, Issue 241, p20
Presents information on topics concerning vegetables and organic foods. Swissair airline's in-flight organic meals; Pamphlet from the National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the National Pork Producers Council; Complaints against Wendy's fastfood chain for using gelatin for its Fresh Stuffed...
- Fingers To The Wind, Hands In The Dough. Halperin, Marc // Food Processing (00156523);Mar2005 Supplement, Vol. 66, p6
Focuses on chefs' views about food trends in the United States. Increase competition in restaurants; Increase in the popularity of organic, whole and natural foods; Proliferation of street foods; Increase emphasis on sub-regional dishes.
- Making healthier choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p74
Reports on the healthful eating programs of American food service firm Epicurean Feast. Preference for wholesome natural foods over fat-free manufactured foods; Partnership with clients in developing fitness programs; Offer of tofu stir-fries and low-fat lentil vegetarian meatloaf; Promotions...
- In a new age acting naturally can build traffic and sales. Machlis, Mark // Nation's Restaurant News;3/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the lifestyles of health and sustainability market in the restaurant industry in the United States. Popularity of natural foods; Importance of strategic menu planning; Marketing of the use of organic, vegetarian, environmentally friendly and branded products.
- Scintillating raw meals at Cilantro Live. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/3/2007, Issue 1010, p48
The article features various foods offered at Cilantro Live, the first organic, vegan and raw food restaurant in San Diego, California. The restaurant offers Spicy Thai salad and a green enchilada. Nuts and seeds serve as the protein foundation in numerous dishes offered in the restaurant....