- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p18
Reports on developments concerning the food service industry in the United States as of March 12, 2001. HMSHost's development of eight restaurants in Terminal 3 of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport; Plans of the University of California-Berkeley to enter into a beverage contract with either Coca-Cola...
- SIDE DISHES. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p18
The article reports on special events related to the restaurant and food industry. Student sushi chefs collected in the University of California in Berkeley, California, on November 15, 2009, to make a 330-foot California roll in honor of the 50th Anniversary of its Center for Japanese Studies....
- LETTERS. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p16
Comments on the article "Students: No quiero Taco Bell on UCLA Campus" published in the December 1, 2003 issue of "Nation's Restaurant News". Growing movement for fair food; Consumers' call for a fair trade product; Message of the boycott against Taco Bell.
- Stellar past, uncertain future. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on the University of California-Berkeley, a university in California committed to and achieving campus diversity. Circumstances surrounding why campus has been focus of much discussion; Question pertaining to African American and Hispanic students; How university responds to question;...
- What do economists know? Schelling, Thomas C. // American Economist;Spring95, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p20
Presents the author's commencement speech to the Department of Economics at the University of California in Berkeley concerning the five important things in economics. Author's conversation with economist Peter Bauer; Five accounting identities.
- Graduate students make history. Selvin, P. // Progressive;Oct89, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the unprecedented success of graduate students at the University of California-Berkeley in their efforts to form a union. Role of students as employees; Obstacles faced and resolved.
- 'Uncomplicated lacerations do not need suturing'. // GP: General Practitioner;8/12/2002, p2
Focuses on the research conducted by James Quinn, associated clinical professor at the University of California in Berkeley, California revealing that uncomplicated laceration of hands of less than two centimeters do not need suturing. Sample size of the study; Experiment on patients with...
- The Architectural Visual Resources Library of the Department of Architecture. // Confraternitas;Spring2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p44
The article offers information on the University of California, Berkeley, California's introduction of a new database which provides access to 1,000 images of 139 buildings and building sites dedicated to the acts of charity and public assistance in Venice, Italy.
- The so-called "Unabomber" MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 152, p2
Informs about the documents given to a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, by the so-called `Unabomber' in order to get it published. Contents of the documents.