Wisconsin Governor's Proposal Raises Municipalities' Hackles
- S.C. Tech Colleges May Get Money for Nursing Programs. // Community College Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p15
Reports on the financial support of the local government of South Carolina for the nursing programs of technical colleges in the state in April 2006. Importance of the support to the health sector of South Carolina; Remarks from state Senator Wes Hayes on the financial aid; Amount of budget...
- WISCONSIN: Accord Up in Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p37
Reports on Wisconsin governor Scott McCallum's efforts to reach an accord on budget cuts with leaders of the state Senate and Assembly before calling a session on spending plan. Suggestions of lawmakers regarding budget cuts; Preference of lawmakers regarding a session; Billion dollar revenue...
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Wisconsin's Fiscal Woes Affect Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31342, p1
Reports on the sale of cash-flow notes and long-term general obligations in Milwauke, Wisconsin. Percentage of city operating budget from the annual revenue; Plan of Governor Scott McCallum for economic development; Status of the proposal on the Joint Finance Committee.
- WISCONSIN. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;May2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Presents an update on Wisconsin as of May 2001. Budget proposals from Governor Scott McCallum; Population growth in northwestern Wisconsin.
- New guv takes hard line against more casinos. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Jul2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p11
Reports that Wisconsin Governor Scott McCallum will not attempt to undermine Indian casinos as of July 2001. Status of a proposed off-reservation casino in a dog-racing track; Effort made by a tribe consortium against the disapproval of a proposed casino.
- Wisconsin's Hot Topic? Reforming the Budget Process. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p36
Reports the reformation of the budget process in Wisconsin. Indication on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum into the law; Statement of the budget director David Schmiedicke; Assessment of the budget process.
- Wis. cuts: Too much, too soon. // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p8
Editorial. Comments on the state budget proposal by Governor Scott McCallum in Wisconsin. Cause of the budget cuts; Opposition on the budget proposal; Reaction of the media toward the proposal; Effect of the proposal on the recycling industry.
- THE STATE AND LOCAL FISCAL ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1972. Fefferman, Arthur S. // National Tax Journal;Sep72, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p473
This article looks at the provisions of the State and Local Fiscal Assistance Act of 1972 in the U.S. State and local governments have attempted to increase their revenue to finance these rising expenditures. Between 1955 and 1970, state and local general revenue from their own sources increased...