Moody's Puts Solid-Waste Deals for N.J.-Based Covanta on Watch List
- Standard & Poor's Affirms Nine Of Covanta's Solid-Waste Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p3
Reports the affirmation of Standard & Poor's on the resource-recovery bond issues under review on the bankruptcy filing by Covanta Energy Corp. in the U.S. Maintenance on the credit quality of the bonds; Company operations on trash-burning power plants; Statement of Colleen Woodell, managing...
- Covanta Fails to Pay Debt Bill;. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p1
Focuses on the situation of the U.S. resource recovery sector of the municipal market with reference to Covanta Energy Corp.' failure to make the March 1, 2002 payment. Downgradation of the company's credit ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp.; Impact of the announcement of ratings on resource...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31416, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of June 2002. Auction of four-week bills by the Washington Treasury Department; Upgrade on the ratings of Covanta Energy Corp. by Fitch Ratings company; Reduction in the sales of existing home.
- Bonding for Clemson. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the sale of triple-A rated revenue bonds worth multi-million dollars for Clemson University, South Carolina. Winner of the bid; Primary objective of issuing bonds.
- Reoffering Yields. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p36
Presents data related to yields of reoffered bonds in the U.S. as of January 7, 2002. Amount details and credit ratings of offerings made by several companies.
- Phoenix Rises From the Recession With $260 Million GO Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p30
Reports on the credit ratings of general obligation bonds of the government in Phoenix, Arizona. Recovery from economic recession; Projections of valuation growth; Improvement city parks and facilities.
- Flaunting Upgrade, San Antonio's AA-Plus Utility Sets $573M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p1
Reports the marketing of electric and gas system revenue bonds of the City Public Service in San Antonio, Texas. Credit rating of the bonds; Reimbursement for cash spent on gas distribution systems; Conversion of the computer system.
- Moody's Puts Palm Beach County, Fla., in Gilt-Edged Territory. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p34
Reports the increasing general obligation bond rating of the Palm Beach County in Florida. Enhancement of the refunding bond sale; Amount of the average per capita income; Recognition of the diverse economic base.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Wiliams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p35
Reports economic developments in the U.S. and Hawaii as of October 2002. Alteration of the credit rating of Oakland Unified School District; Increase of Medicare reimbursements; Presentation of bond measure to the voters.