West Virginia House Gives Nod to $4 Billion Pension Bond Proposal
- Kansas Gets $500M Pension Bond Authorization in Under the Wire. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p1
The Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS) won authorization to sell 500 million of pension obligation bonds under one of the bills passed in the 2003 legislative session. The proposal for KPERS to sell its first pension bonds surfaced last year when plummeting investments and funding...
- OPEB Challenges on the Horizon. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32396, p1
The article reports that the Michigan state government announced that it faces an 8 billion unfunded other post-employment benefits liability and releases a draft legislation on limited-tax general obligation pension bonds. The proposed legislation allows local governments to issue the pension...
- Northern Mariana Islands Weigh Pension Cure. Jensen, Randall // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;6/ 3/2013, p13
The article assesses plans of the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands to cover its pension liabilities in 2013. It discusses the bill passed in the House of Representatives to sell pension obligation bonds collateralized by islands and another bill pending that would allow casinos to...
- Lawmaker's Bill Would Ease Advance-Refunding Limits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p4
Reports on a possible legislation on a Senate bill in the U.S. Senate as of February 2003, that could ease advance-refunding restrictions related to bonds, allowing states and local governments to take advantage of low interest rates. Details of the bill; Person who introduced the legislation...
- Bill Would Expand IDB Financings, Allow Bank Deductibility on Issues. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the introduction of a tax legislation in the U.S. House as of February 2003, that would allow more facilities to be financed with industrial development bonds and apply bank deductibility to such bonds on a limited basis. Provisions of the bill; Person who introduced the bill; Impact...
- Bill Could Give Harris Country, Tex., Role in Galveston Bridge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p7
Reports on a legislative bill to give commissioners of Harris County, Texas the authority to issue bonds secured by a number of revenue sources. Provisions under the bill; Implications of the approval of the bill for the county; Senator who introduced the bill.
- Oregon Bill For $400M In Bonds Set. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p1
Reports on the decision of Oregon governor John Kitzhaber to sign a bill that authorizes sale of bonds for road improvements. Sponsor of the bill; Information regarding date of issue of bills; Disapproval to the proposal of increasing gas taxes to fund transportation projects.
- State Senate Passes Bill Authorizing Up to $6 Billion in Transport Debt. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p5
Reports that the Virginia Senate has approved legislation authorizing the issuance of up to $6 billion in bonds for transportation projects in the eastern part of the state. Significance of the bill for state voters; Provision in the bill related to the utilization of revenues from the bonds;...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p34
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status in the U.S. Use of mortgage prepayments by housing agencies; Issuance of tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance a professional sports stadium; Eligibility of the people to participate in mortgage revenue bond programs.