Despite Challenges, Airport Officials Are Looking Up
- NEVADA: Treasurer Finds $40 Million. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p9
The article reports on the $40 million fund found by Nevada Treasurer Kate Marshall to help the state with its weakening budget position. Of the $40 million, $23 million will come from the state's unclaimed property fund, while the balance is from bond funds. Meanwhile, Governor Jim Gibbons has...
- Bargainhunters find flight options widening. Paul, Noel C. // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 234, p14
Discusses the decrease in ticket prices for air travel in the United States.
- How to get into the air without a care. Reamy, Lois Madison // Crain's New York Business;9/19/94, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p26
Lists ways to overcome problems associated with air travel. Reasons for tackling problems; Overcoming flight delays, cancellations, long queues, in-flight meals; Listing of tips for a flawless journey.
- Travelers wing way to savings with planning. Agee, A. Dale // Caribbean Business;8/19/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p39
Discusses how savings on air fare can be earned by planning in Puerto Rico. Air fares at different prices offered by the airline industry; Negotiated fares for large corporations; Advice of making advance notices and making sure that one is dealing with a travel agency that is geared toward...
- travel q&a. J. D. // Shape;May2010, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p48
Advice is given to a reader who questions how to avoid checked-baggage fees.
- CALIFORNIA: San Francisco Seeks Stimulus. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p9
The article reports on the proposal of a local economic stimulus plan by Mayor Gavin Newsom in San Francisco, California. He proposed accelerating bond-funded capital programs, increasing efforts to recruit business from China, and a new Tourism Improvement District. Newsom and his staff were...
- Greece Is the (Watch) Word. Sjoblom, Miriam // Morningstar FundInvestor;Mar2010, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p20
The article offers information on the sovereign debt crisis of Greece in 2010, and discusses its impact on the world bond funds. According to the new government of Greece, there was an incorrect evaluation of budget deficit. It states that the credit crisis will not have a direct impact on...
- The Allan Gray Bond Fund: What's in store for the next 10 years? LAPPING, ANDREW // Finweek;12/11/2014, p35
The article discusses the launched of the Allan Gray Bond Fund in 2004. Topics discussed include the lack of volatility during the period, the benefit obtained by the African government from the improved revenues driven by the commodity super cycle, and the issue faced with regards to the 6%...
- TIA fares well in comparison of flight costs. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;04/05/99, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
Cites a report by the United States General Accounting Office which states that Tucson International Airport in Arizona was the 22nd least expensive airport to fly out of in the US. Average air fare based on short, medium and long-haul flights; Ranking in medium and long haul prices;...