Regional Cooperation, Debt Issuance Called Keys to Addressing Water Woes
- Water Rates May Increase by 33.8%. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p3
Forecasts the percentage increase in water rates in California in 2006. Inflation rates per year for the next five years; Impact of the increase on residential and business customers; Views of Larry Gardner, director of the state's water department, on the issue.
- The Water Thieves. Luoma, Jon // Ecologist;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on the economic and environmental implications of the privatization of global water services. Decline on the global per capita water availability; Benefits that could be derived by corporations from the privatization; Response of the water industry in Great Britain to the public concern...
- Water Socialists Are All Wet. Segerfeldt, Fredrik // Business Journal (Central New York);3/25/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p37
Comments on the issue about the global water crisis. Number of deaths caused by diseases associated with the lack of sanitary water; Fear of global water companies to invest in the developing countries; Argument of others that privatization will lead to water rate hikes.
- WATER: a consumer right? Rachagan, Sothi // Choice;May2004, p30
Focuses on the importance of water system worldwide. Estimated value of the global water and wastewater industry; Revenue of large water compaines Suez and Vivendi Universal in 2001; Factors considered in the privatization of a nation's water supply system.
- H2O INC. Glad, Tatiana; Kun, Karen // Corporate Knights Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to water issues in Canada, including the state of water consumption, water privatization, and commercialization of water.
- Can someone find something for John Kromko to do? // Inside Tucson Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p30
The article offers information on the proposed Tucson Water Users' Bill of Rights, also known as Proposition 200 by the former state legislator John Kromko. The bill will repeal the city's $14 a month garbage fee in which according to Kromko, the city is not using the money it collects from the...
- SFPUC Approves Water, Sewer Rate Hikes. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/29/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32099, p4
Reports on the approval of San Francisco Utilities Commission on the increase of city water and sewer rates in California. Way of maximizing the revenue bonds of various utilities; Lack of focus on the finer points of accounting; Level of water consumption.
- State should sink money into water. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;May2006, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the need for the state government of North Carolina to increase its budget for the improvement of its water systems. Increase in the demand for water supply in the state; Lack of funds for meeting water needs; Challenges facing the government in getting competing interests for a bond...
- Czech inflation stable in Oct. // Regional Today;11/11/2014, p2
The article discusses the unchanged inflation rate in Czech Republic in October 2014, focusing on the prices of food items, beverages, housing water, electricity and gas.