Fitch: Education Faces Some Hurdles, But Sector Is Still Strong
- Market Close: Community Colleges Are Investors' Choice in Higher Ed. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;11/5/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34206, p1
Investors found the $100 million Cerritos Community College bonds one of the more attractive deals of the day, saying community colleges in general are strong credits because their attendance has held up amid an decline for higher education institutions in general.
- Singapore: Cash the culprit as investment grows more slowly than costs - Manulife. // Asia Insurance Review;Jul2015, p26
The article focuses on the report of the Manulife Asset Management (Company) regarding the investors who are losing ground each year and emerging key culprit. Topics include the most cited financial goals are retirement, paying for children higher education, saving money for family, current...
- Institutions of Higher Education--Charges, 1969-70 to 1999-2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p250
No abstract available.
- Rethinking financial aid. Newcomb, Amelia // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p13
Looks at efforts by some advocates for a renewed commitment to ensuring that those at the lowest end of the income scale get the opportunity for a college education. Figures showing the cost of college as a percentage of real income for wealthy families and for poor families.
- Open the doors to college. Lemann, Nicholas // Washington Monthly;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p38
Examines the role played by money in getting access to higher education in the United States. Question regarding the right to higher education; Plan of Congress to cut back on direct federal tuition grants.
- Economic returns to community and four-year college education. Monk-Turner, Elizabeth // Journal of Socio-Economics;Winter94, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p441
Analyzes differences in earning ability among college entrants 10 years after high school graduation. Analysis by type of first college entered, sex and race; Average age of the sample; Rate of return for each additional year of education.
- Changes add appeal to a college-savings plan. Dinnen, Steve // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 234, p16
Discusses the economic aspects of college in the United States and the outlook for 529 college saving plans from state schools.
- College costs keep climbing. Associated Press // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 234, p16
Discusses the trend of rising college tuition costs in the United States, and some possible reasons for the increase, including the failing U.S. economy.
- Institutions of Higher Education-- Charges 1969-70 to 1999-2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p265
Looks at statistics regarding charges associated with higher education in the United States from 1969-2000. Tuition and fees; Board rates; Dormitory charges.