Governors Gear Up for Possible Transportation and Housing Cuts
- Boosters' Millions. Paley, Dawn; Oommen, Isaac // Briarpatch;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p18
The article looks at how the 6.1 billion dollars budget for 2012 Olympics would buy in five key areas of public policy, including education, family services, community welfare and the arts, housing, and transportation. The fund could carry out complete seismic upgrades to all schools in British...
- DOT to Announce $600M Of Transportation Grants. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;10/20/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33402, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Department of Transportation to announce 600 million dollars worth of grants that will finance transit, rails bridges and other local surface projects in 21 states in the U.S.
- RM120mil for Penang bumiputeras. // Penang Economic Monthly;Dec2011, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the 120 million-ringgit Malaysia (RM) given by the federal government in 2012 to Penang's bumiputeras to assist in housing, human resources and entrepreneurship, with 100 million RM of this amount to be used to provide affordable housing.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: More DCHFA Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p35
Reports on the approval given by the mayor and deputy mayor of Washington D.C. for the allocation of additional sum to the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency (DCFHA). Total allocations made to DCHFA for fiscal 2002; Housing units financed by DCHFA in fiscal 2001.
- congestion Finalist. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32651, p9
The article reports that U.S. Department of Transportation has been included in the list of nine finalists for a $1.1 billion pool of funds, because of its plan to integrate San Francisco's Doyle Drive and citywide congestion pricing in California. The San Francisco Metropolitan Transportation...
- Museum deflects pork perceptions. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the criticisms against the federal grant for the Children's Museum of Indianapolis in Indiana. Use of the federal transportation money to improve the safety of the museum; Concerns over the use of the Department of Transportation's budget as a pot of money to deliver pork-barrel...
- Illinois poised to get bigger bucks for roads, transit. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;11/10/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that Illinois can get funds for improving its road and transit. The Chicago, Illinois Transit Authority, Metra and Pace alone are estimated to need more than $2 billion a year over that period to address their backlog of improvements and to maintain their fleets. U.S....
- Financing of Land Passenger Transport and State Aid Law Enforcement - Experiences in Germany. Oertel, Melanie // European Public Private Partnership Law Review;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p147
The article offers information on the financing system of land passenger transport services and state aid law enforcement in Germany. It noted that the implementation of the law regarding the public transport authorities was not properly practiced. Moreover, the participants of public service...
- FEDS OFFER $3.5 MILLION FOR PRINCE GEORGE INTERMODAL CORRIDOR. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Sep2008, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the move of the Federal government of Canada in offering $3.5 million as part of a funding arrangement with the City of Prince Court in Canada. According to Transport Canada, a primary access corridor for the CN intermodal facility in city will be upgraded to improve...