Municipal Prices End Little Changed After FOMC Holds Steady on Rates
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32844, p25
Several charts are presented that depicts the performance of municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for March 2008 including short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, and municipal bond index and prices.
- Indexes Fall as Treasury Activity Prods Arbitrage Buyers Toward Munis. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;5/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32142, p7
The article reports that all yield indexes of the periodical "The Bond Buyer" fell this week. All of the periodical's yield indexes fell this week--some to their lowest levels in years--after a roller coaster week in the Treasury market prodded arbitrage buyers towards municipals and amid heavy...
- MISSISSIPPI: Jackson Pricing $65M. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32490, p37
The article provides information on the $65 million price selling of the special obligation bonds in Jackson, Mississippi. Through the Mississippi Development Bank, the Series 2006 bond is initiated for trade whereby the proceeds has been designed for the construction of a 246,000-square-foot...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p33
Several charts are presented that shows the performance of the short-term tax-exempt yields, securities prices, municipal bond index and municipal bond prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, municipal market data total returns, new-issue balances, and reoffering yields in the...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...
- Indexes Mostly Down as Market Turns From War to Economy. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p5
The Bond Buyer yield indexes were mostly down this week as of April 11, 2003, as investors paid more attention to economic fundamentals than to issues related to Saddam Hussein. On April 8, 2003 stocks fell and bond prices rose while yields from municipal bonds declined. On April 9, 2003...
- Munis Unchanged in Modest Trading; Greenspan Remarks Affect Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Reports on the trading performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of June 8, 2004. Level of trading activities in the municipal bond market; Impact of the cautionary comments from the Federal Reserve Board on the trading of municipal bonds; Details on bond prices.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p33
Presents statistical data related to the government securities market in the U.S. as of June 9, 2004. Market indicators for short-term bonds; Data on reoffering yields; Information on the Merrill Lynch Corporate Bond Indexes; Prices of various municipal bonds.