Better Now Than Never
- S&P: States Are Likely to Step Up Bonding in FY 2009 as Revenues Decline. Lynne Funk // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p5
The article reports on the outlook released by the Standard and Poor's Corp. declaring that federal states have to step up bond issuance in fiscal 2009 in response to declining revenue, which would continue to worsen after the national economic downturn ends in the U.S. According to the report,...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vekshin, Alison; Peacock, Wayne; Braun, Martin Z.; McKaig, Ryan; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p31
Reports global developments related to bonds as of May 2002. Plans of Delaware State Housing Authority to sell a single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Formation of Democrat-led task force to investigate the budget crisis; Increase in the rating of the outstanding debt of Pennsylvania State...
- CBO market emerges as a rare beneficiary of Asian flu. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p11
Reports that the collateralized bond obligation (CBO) market in the United States has emerged as a beneficiary of the Asian financial crisis. Comments from Dennis Kraft, senior vice president at Hartford Investment Management Company; Reference to bigger arbitrages for CBO issuers; Information...
- Bonds are back. Kahn, Sharon // Global Finance;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p6
Deals with the offering of three bonds in April of 1998 after the Asian financial crisis. Projects affected by the crisis; Increase in bonds of Brazil; Worth of sponsor bonds released in 1996; Why investors were attracted on bonds.
- Camden County, N.J., Eyes Revival Of Oft-Troubled City With Interest. Braun, Martin // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p1
Discusses expectations from the $15 million in general obligation refunding bonds to be priced by Camden County, New Jersey, in February 2002. Link between the financial condition of the city of Camden and the bond-issue by Camden County; Possibility of a state takeover of Camden; Dependence of...
- A Bullish View On Emerging Markets--Brazil Notwithstanding. Scott, Gary; Wheeler, Dennis // On Wall Street;Mar1999, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p102
Comments on the recovery of Asia from the financial crisis of 1998. Benefits of the long-term effect of the 1998 crisis; Opportunities in rising Asian currency bonds and Asian shares; Lesson to be learned from Asia; Value in the emerging regions of Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- Growing chorus of regulators want sovereign bondholders to share the pain. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/03/99, Vol. 65 Issue 18, p16
Reveals that United States regulators are asking sovereign bond-holders of the private sector to share in the burden of bailing out countries during economic crises. Encouraging investors to lend at artificially low rates; Impact of lower borrowing costs in encouraging emerging market countries...
- Asian turmoil won't end bond insurers' diversification, but may alter strategy. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p40
Focuses on the possible changes in the strategy of international bond insurers as a result of the financial turmoil in Asia. Ratings of bond insurance agencies; Diversification in the market; Risks involved in overseas bond insurance market.
- Market Reaction to Bond Downgradings Followed by Chapter 11 Filings. Bi, Keqian; Levy, Haim // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn1993, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p156
Discusses the effects of bond downgradings on the stock market. Focus on situations of financial distress; Use of event-study methodology; Inclusion and exclusion criteria; Issue of Chapter 11 filings; Implications of results obtained.