- THE HOOSIERSTAT. // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2014, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p24
The article informs that 6.6 million dollar is the amount collected by hoosiers, residents of Indiana, in tax refunds in 2013.
- Manufacturers in line for tax refund windfall. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p1
Reports that Ohio manufacturers could collect sales tax refunds totaling more than $150 million if a ruling on a tax dispute made in October 1998 by the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals is not overturned. Details of the ruling and an earlier decision by the state tax commissioner; Tax refund claims...
- California's Fiscal Woes Worsen as Tax Receipts Erode. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p36
Reports on the tax collection in San Francisco, California. Decline of income tax collection for April; Impact of the tax collection shortfall on the budget; Statistics on tax refunds.
- What's the truth about refunds? Smith, Joseph // Healthcare Traveler;May2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p47
Provides issues and answers for travelers concerning tax return. Outcome of a tax return; Practical tips to consider when evaluating tax return.
- 'Last minute' year-end 2016 tax-saving moves for individuals. Murray, Catherine; Long, Thomas; Pretsfelder, Jeffrey; Trinz, Robert // Accountingtoday.com;12/27/2016, p1
Although the year is ending soon, it's not too late to implement some planning moves that can improve a client's tax situation for 2016 and beyond. This article reviews some actions that clients can take before December 31 to improve their overall tax picture.
- Partial Loss Refundability: How Are Corporate Tax Losses Used? Cooper, Michael; Knittel, Matthew // National Tax Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p651
Using tax return data for1993-2003, we measure how US corporations use tax losses over time. For firms included in our dataset, we find that: (1) approximately 50-60 percent of tax losses are used over a ten-year window as a carryback refund or loss carryforward deduction; (2) approximately...
- Knock on Would. Stimpson, Jeff // Accountingtoday.com;11/9/2014, p3
The article presents opinions of tax preparers on what they would do differently in their practice if they had a chance to do it over again. Changes discussed include limiting practice strictly to 1040 forms to limit the need to be updated on issues, charging more for the refund application...
- Tax Deadlines Republic of Ireland. Fennell, David // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2006, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p58
The article presents the deadline for the filing of tax returns in Ireland. The last day for filing applications for a refund of Irish value added tax incurred in 2005 by foreign traders will be on June 30, 2006. Dividend withholding tax return filing and payment date will be due on July 14,...
- Issue of personal tax returns. Greene, Chris; De Lord, Lois // Accountancy;Jan1989, Vol. 103 Issue 1145, p46
The article reports on the British Inland Revenue's decision to continue its practice of issuing personal tax returns only on a selective basis, following a pilot study on the Keith Committee recommendations in January 1989. The Keith Committee had suggested that the general issue of tax returns...