Power Alliance Expands
- Qatar Electricity & Water Company. Bains, Elizabeth // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/13/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p22
The article profiles Qatar Electricity & Water Co. (QEWC) headquartered in Doha. QEWC was established in 1990 as a publicly listed joint stock company, in which 43 percent of its shares in owned by the government. The company is considered as the largest power and water provider in the country...
- THE LIST. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p10
The section presents information on the 2004 revenues of several public companies in Connecticut. At the top of the list is General Electric Co. with revenue of $152,866.0 million. The company manufactures transportation and heavy equipment, appliances, and lighting, and separately offers a...
- PUBLIC COMPANIES FAIRFIELD COUNTY. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/27/2012 Book of Business Lists, p42
A table is presented which lists public companies in Fairfield County, Connecticut, which include General Electric Co., UBS AG., and Xerox Corp.
- House Bill: One More Advance Refunding for Power Bonds. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31653, p4
This article focuses on a resolution passed in the United States in the week of June 2, 2003 , which enables public power utilities to be able to advance refund tax-exempt debt used for electricity bonds one additional time. Introduced on June 3, 2003, the bill would allow an additional advance...
- STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS WOULD WIPE AWAY THE TARNISH OF GREED. Fiscor, Steve // Coal Age;Nov2005, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p2
The article reflects on coal trade issues in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2005. The revenues of publicly-held coal companies have increased. The high third quarter profits of the petroleum companies led them to a Senate hearing on price gouging. The author envisions the economic advantages...
- THE LIST: Largest Public Companies. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/7/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p12
A chart is presented that lists the largest public companies ranked by 2011 revenue in the U.S. including General Electric Co., Verizon Communications and Xerox Corp.
- THE LIST. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/9/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p16
A table is presented which ranks the largest public firms in Fairfield County, Connecticut along with information on key officers, net revenue and the type of business, including consumer electronics firm General Electric Co., office equipment maker Xerox Corp., and mass media firm Thomson Reuters.
- COLEMAN 'SPREADS ITS WINGS' FOR CLIENTS. Tiflis, Fernie Grace // Manufacturing Today;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p33
The article presents information on U.S. wire and cable manufacturer Coleman Cable Inc. The author states that the company is well-known in the voice and data, communications, electronic, industrial and government market segments. The author added that the Coleman Cable Inc. has been a public...
- Dividend Increases: A Full Complement. Agnew, Mark // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p62
The article discusses the dividend payout trends of the U.S. electric utility companies. With a 15% dividend tax rate, 56 publicly traded companies in the Edison Electric Institute index paid common stock dividend on March 31, 2011. The 16 dividend increases and 1 reinstatement in 2011 first...