Osceola County COPs
- Orange County, Fla., Schools Set Up $188 Million of COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p3
Reports the sale Orange County School Board of fixed-rate and variable rate of certificates of participation (COP) in Florida. Use of the COP proceeds to renovate and replace schools; Reduction of the millage rate on property values; Funding mechanism for the capital program.
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Schools End Heavy Year With $193M COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p4
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board will end its debt issuance with the sale of multi-million dollars of 20-year certificates of participation (COP). Name of the corporation managing the deal; Total outstanding amount of COPs as a result of the offering; Names of companies...
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Smith Barney widening its reach by putting brokers in bank branches. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;3/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney company is placing its brokers in bank branches in the United States, for banks to serve its entree into new geographical markets. Identification of the locations where such has occurred as at March 20, 1998; Details on the fee-sharing agreement Smith Barney...
- Brokerage's bank reflects new style of financial services. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p25
Presents information on Salomon Smith Barney's move into Banking in Michigan. Information on the Bank; What plans it has for the Michigan market; Details on what banks are getting into; Mention of other banks owned by Salomon Smith Barny.
- Cable outlook strong: Salomon. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on Salomon Smith Barney and its upgrading of the cable operators it tracks to a `buy' recommendation. What analyst Spencer Grimes based his across-the-board upgrade on; Comments from Grimes; Reference to Salomon Smith citing digital cable and high-speed data as catalysts; Relation to a...
- Florida District Goes COP Route With 1st Variable-Rate Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p30
Reports that Polk County, Florida School Board has been preparing to close its first variable-rate deal for certificates of participation (COP) sale. Name of the company which insured the COP deal; Terms of swap agreement signed for the deal; Effect of interest rate exchange agreement of the...
- Broward county, Fla., Schools Selling $200 Million in COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p31
The article reports that the School Board in Broward County, Florida has planned to sell its certificates of participation to various institutions across the state. Proceeds of the sales will be used to build new elementary and high schools. The district holds retail sales on the...