Banc of America Drops Investment Banking Boss, But Muni Business Booms
- Resisting a Trend, Banc of America Names Muni Hires. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31100, p6
Reports on Banc of America Securities' addition of eight new staff members to its municipal finance offices in the United States. George Lawrence; Phillip Smith; Seth Crone.
- B of A Unit Cuts Investment Banking Post . Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;3/27/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 59, p20
Focuses on the replacement of Ed Carter by Carter McClelland as the head of corporate and investment banking at Banc of America Securities in New York City. Job responsibilities; Career history.
- Bank of America Promises Buildup for Its Securities Unit. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;9/19/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 180, p1
Reports on the assurance given by Banc of America Securities on the increase in research coverage and personnel in all major areas of the investment bank. Increase in the number of stocks traded; Effect of the banking consolidation on its operations; Competition faced by the bank; Corporate status.
- BofA's Rhinos' charge through convert market. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/29/99, Vol. 65 Issue 47, p4
Focuses on `Redeemable Hybrid Income Overnight Shares (Rhinos),' Banc of America (BofA) Securities LLC's latest securities structure. Number of privately-placed RHINOS transactions completed by BofA; Information about how such type of securities work; Downside risks of such corporate finance...
- BoA Launches New Securitization Product. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the launching of Banc of America Securities' 11th Structured Enhanced Return Vehicle Securities, a synthetic securitization product that references a portfolio of senior secured bank loans managed by Stein Roe & Farnham Inc.
- Outsized demand tightens spreads, spurs bid-padding suspicions. E. H. // Private Placement Letter;5/27/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the transaction of Banc of America for Schnucks Supermarkets and the Royal Bank of Scotland's deal with Capita Group as of May 2002.
- Banc of America Builds Effort in Europe. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;03/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the corporate credit effort being considered by the Banc of America Securities in March 2000.
- Banc of America Hires New Bankers as Other Firms Downsize. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30908, p7
Reports on Bank of America Securities' hiring of three public finance bankers in Florida and Seattle, Washington. Reasons for hiring bankers; Customers of the bank.
- B of A's Bremer, K2 Find Circles. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;10/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the securities offerings of Banc of America Securities. Bremer Financial Corp.'s tranche offering; Ski gear manufacturer K2 Inc.'s offering.