Katten Muchin Zavis, Rosenman & Colin Merge to Create 600-Member Law Firm
- Rosenman-Katten Muchin merger creates New York-Chicago giant. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p11
Reports on the merger of Rosenman & Colin with Katten Muchin Zavis. Estimated number of lawyers in the merged company, KMZ Rosenman; Factor behind the merger; Executives for the merged company.
- SHOWBIZ LEGAL EAGLES PLAN PRACTICE MERGER. Sphrintz, Janet // Daily Variety;4/1/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the merger between law firms Katten Muchin Zavis and Rosenman & Collin in the U.S. Total lawyers of the combined firms; List of clients.
- CHICAGO OBSERVER. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/5/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p38
Reports on the merger talks of Katten Muchin Zavis LLP. Deflation of the firm's revenues; Negotiation of transaction; Opposition on the mergers.
- 5 lawyers switch firms in Chicago. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p26
Reports that five lawyers active in the structured finance area have left Baker & McKenzie to join another Chicago, Illinois-based law firm, Katten Muchin & Zavis LLP.
- Katten Muchin forced to Duke it out. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;5/8/95, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed against Katten Muchin & Zavis by members of the household staff of the late tobacco heiress Doris Duke over the management of the heiress' estate. Public and legal scrutiny on lawyer William Doyle's handling of the account; Findings of a special investigator's...
- People moves: 19 November. // Lawyer (Online Edition);11/19/2012, p33
The article announces several personnel changes that have taken place in the world legal services industry, which include, hiring of Tim Aron by Katten Muchin Zavis LLP as a partner, and appointment of solicitor Martin Patt at Lester Aldridge LLP.
- Black attorney represents client who won $2.5 million racial bias suit against Chicago law firm. // Jet;5/6/96, Vol. 89 Issue 25, p57
Reports on lawyer Abbey G. Hairston's representation of Lawrence D. Mungin, a Black attorney, in a discrimination lawsuit against the Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis. Winning of a $2.5 million suit; Details of the case; Comments from Hairston.
- Black attorney wins $2.5 million racial discrimination lawsuit against Chicago firm. // Jet;4/15/96, Vol. 89 Issue 22, p5
Reports that Lawrence D. Mungin, a black attorney who was an associate at the law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis in Chicago, Illinois, was awarded $2.5 million in damages for race discrimination.
- Potential Malpractice Claims Tied to Petters Ponzi Scheme Revived. MOHAN, PATRICK R. // ABI Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the malpractice case filed by Ronald R. Peterson as chapter 7 trustee for the bankruptcy estates of two funds against law firm Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, both of which were tied to the Ponzi scheme run by Thomas Petters. Topics covered include facts of the case, the three...