REALITY TELEVISION SHOWS FOCUSING ON SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH COLLEGE STUDENTS ENGAGING IN ONE-NIGHT STANDS
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- Reality TV: It's Here to Stay. Sternberg, Scott // Multichannel News;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p19
Presents views on reality television programs in the U.S. Examples of the television programs in the past; Overview of the evolution of reality; Increase in the conflict and sexual content of reality shows.
- The Most Heinous Reality Stars. // Cosmopolitan;Jun2011, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p192
The article reports on certain heinous acts of reality show stars revealed by insiders. A former employee at a show started a physical relationship with her reality-star boss when she got a divorce. The affair got stranger when she landed a nice guy and still wanted to hang out with the...
- Reproductive wrongs: The so-called secret life of baby-borrowing American teens. B. K. // Bitch Magazine: Feminist Response to Pop Culture;Fall2008, Issue 41, p16
The article cites some reality television (TV) shows related to teenager pregnancies in the U.S. Both "The Baby Borrowers" and "The Secret Life of the American Teenagers" address teenager pregnancies and promote abstinence. It states that the "Borrowers" wants to give the teenaged couples in the...
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.
- FACE-OFF. RUDGE, CHARLOTTE // InStyle;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
This article compares the main characters of the reality television shows "Jersey Girls" and "Jersey Shore."
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- Should Kids Watch Reality TV? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;3/15/2004, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p7
Presents the views of Khari McIntosh of New York and Jade Christensen of Utah on whether children should watch reality television shows.
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p10
Provides news briefs related to broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Brief information about the forthcoming reality serials to be telecast on various cable television channels; Renewal of the multi-year contract of Peter Jennings with American Broadcasting Co....