TechBooks Reorganizes To Sharpen Focus on Different Segments
- TechBooks Sells Print Unit. // Publishers Weekly;12/24/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 52, p15
Reports on the decision of TechBooks to sell its print division to a group of managers led by Jim Kell Jr., senior vice president of the print unit. Goal of the sale; Brief background of the the company's print operation; Value of the firm's revenues accounted from the print group.
- Products and Services by VENDOR: TechBooks. // Computers in Libraries;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p39
A list of products and services being offered by TechBooks for library automation is presented. Retrospective conversion is included in the technical processing services of TechBooks. The company also offers technology services, including database compiling or formatting, and digitizing and...
- HR's role `to navigate through restructuring' MacLachlan, Rob; Thatcher, Mike // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the role of personnel management in navigating through company restructuring. Challenge posed by corporate renewal; Phases of corporate renewal.
- Ready, set, re-engineer. Levine, Barry G. // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p39
Focuses on the concept of corporate re-engineering in Canada. Companies' need for reengineering; Understanding the concept of process; Challenge to the status quo; Changes in customer requirements.
- Impact on employees ignored. // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p16
Reports on findings of a survey on executives and employees' perception of change initiatives conducted by Princeton, N.J.-based Kepner-Tregoe Inc. Impact of change initiatives according to executives; Decline in morale among employees due to changes.
- RE-ORG CHART. // Orange County Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1
Discusses corporate reorganizations in Orange County, California. Date started; Workforce reduction; Unresolved issues.
- Favorite corporate pastime: Reorganizing. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/96, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p13
Reports that about 60% of large corporations undertook significant reorganizations in the post-recessionary years from 1992 to 1994 according to a study by A.T. Kearney Inc. Analyses of ten major corporations and surveys of executives at 700 other companies in the United States, Canada and...
- The challenge of restructuring. Nelson, Craig A. // Corporate Board;May/Jun95, Vol. 16 Issue 92, p20
Focuses on various issues of corporate restructuring as it affects a corporate board. Use of anti-takeover charter amendments; Expansion of due diligence efforts; Objective of restructuring; Government policies.
- Corporate change: The problem is not leadership but support. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 16 Issue 93, p28
Highlights the result of the survey conducted by the Hay Group concerning the problems related to corporate changes in the United States. Areas of trouble for reorganization.