U.S. College International Materials Sales, December 2002
- U.S. K-12 Instructional Materials Sales, October 2002. // Educational Marketer;12/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p8
Presents chart depicting the U.S. K-12 instructional materials sales. Year-to-date sales of adoption states; Comparison of 2002 and 2001 sales of elementary and high school; Net sales.
- A Web-based, Issues Centered Assignment for Teacher Education and High School Students. Kohlmeier, Jada; O'Brien, Joe // Journal of Social Studies Research;Spring2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
This manuscript reports the findings from a web-based, issues-centered project created by teacher education students for high school seniors in a government class. The university students compiled web pages that formulated an issue facing the Kansas Legislature and authored questions to be...
- Hot Streak In K-12 Instructional Materials Sales Continues. // Educational Marketer;9/17/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the sales growth posted by K-12 instructional materials in the United States for the month of July 2001.
- Congress Questions Sky-High Costs of College Textbooks. Orchowski, Peggy // Community College Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the increasing costs of college textbooks in the U.S. as of August 2004. Overview of research findings by the California Student Public Interest Research Group on the effect of publishing industry practices on book costs; Remarks from Association of American Publishers chairman John...
- U.S. College Sales Up 10.8 % in 2002 For Twice the Growth of 2001. // Educational Marketer;2/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the increase in the gross sales of instructional materials for college students in the U.S. Rate of increase; Factors contributing to the sales growth; Release of the financial results of McGraw-Hill Cos.
- Print Still Reigns in College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;11/ 8/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on a survey conducted by the National Association of College Stores (NACS) OnCampus Research division on the proliferation of electronic textbooks (ebooks) in higher education in the U.S. Results indicate that 13% of college students purchased an ebook of any kind in the...
- Rocking the Schoolhouse: Re-reading "Schoolhouse Rock!" in the College Classroom. Ovetz, Robert // Radical Teacher;Spring2011, Issue 90, p73
The article focuses on the use of "Schoolhouse Rock!," a television series of the educational animations for children, as a teaching device for the American Revolution among the college students in the U.S. The program has been considered as an effective tool in the deconstruction of the...
- Strategies for Teaching Managerial Communication. Hynes, Geraldine E.; Worley, Rebecca B.; Dyrud, Marilyn A. // Business Communication Quarterly;Sep2002, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p86
This article presents suggestions for course content and teaching methods in graduate management communication courses in the U.S. Undergraduate students are typically preparing for entry-level positions in business and thus need to learn basic communication skills for both their job search as...
- Pearson Education, Despite Revenue Decline, Leads U.S. K-12 Publishers in EM's Exclusive 2002 Index. // Educational Marketer;7/14/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the revenue performance of Pearson Education in 2002 in terms of sales from K-12 instructional materials, amidst economic downturn that plagued the K-12 educational publishing industry in the United States. Value of total sales generated in the K-12 market; Factors that contributed...