U.S. Ed. Dept. Releases $72 Million In Initial Early Reading First Grants
- Study Shows Early Intervention Can Avert Spec. Ed. Needs. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p26
Focuses on a study which showed that using intervention strategies in early childhood is critical to preventing behavior problems and the need for special education services in the United States (US). Actions taken by the US Department of Education to address misbehavior among youngsters;...
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p8
The article reports that schools and higher education institutions will receive a second infusion from the State Fiscal Stabilization Funds which was approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Public financial support. // Public Financial Support for Learning;2000, p1
Presents information from the United States Department of Education on public financial support for education.
- National index of public effort to fund higher education (public revenues per student in relation to per capita personal income): School years ending 1930-96. // National Index of Public Effort to Fund Higher Education, 1930-9;2000, p1
Presents information gathered by the United States Department of Education detailing the public effort to fund higher education.
- Title I Figures Reflect `Hold Harmless' Policy. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;07/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p24
Discusses the Title I allocations for the 1999-2000 school year released by the United States Department of Education. Basis of the Title I funds; Purpose of the Title I; Final results. INSET: Looking at Title I Increases.
- Attacks on E.D. show hostility to public schools, Democrats charge. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;7/12/95, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the Democrats charge that the plans to dismantle US Education Department is an expression of hostility to public schools. Reaction to the impositions of the far right; Republicans' defense on the maximization of available resources; Merits of the merger plan.
- International comparisons of education expenditures. // International Comparisons of Education Expenditures;2000, p1
Presents information by the United States Department of Education on international comparisons of educational expenditures.
- Higher education revenues per student. // Higher Education Revenues Per Student;2000, p1
Presents information about the source of revenue in higher education and how such revenue is represented per student gathered by the United States Department of Education.
- House OKs Spending Blueprint. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;03/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p30
Focuses on the budget blueprint ushered by Republican legislators that calls for raising the spending of the United States Department of Education, mostly for special education. Value of the budget increase; How Richard W. Riley, Secretary of Education responded to the budget plan; Amount that...