Puerto Rico Expands Underwriter Pool, Drops Bear Stearns as Co-Manager
- Bear Stearns Touts 'Default Swaption' to Lenders. // Bank Loan Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the effective credit insurance protecting company portfolio from unseen catastrophes offered by Bear Stearns.
- Milwaukee County Officials Back Up Bear Stearns Pick. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p3
Reports that Milwaukee County produced records that showed Bear, Stearns and Co. Inc. received the top score in the county's competitive selection process that was conducted on a general obligation refunding in Wisconsin. County's hiring of auditors Virchov Krause and Associates to review the...
- Bear Getting Alliance Servicing, Residuals. // National Mortgage News;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p37
Reports on the bidding of Bear Stearns & Co. for an estimated four billion dollars in subprime servicing and residuals. Nondisclosure of Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. of the auction; Closure of Alliance servicing platform due to non-acceptable bids.
- Argentine Bank Taps MBS Market. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;03/27/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p4
Announces that Bear Stearns and Zurich U.S. unveiled an asset-backed deal for Banco Hipotecario in 2000. Company that is providing the insurance; Comments from Daniel Riordan, senior vice president and managing director of the political risk group at Zurich U.S.; Amount of money that Zurich can...
- Bridgeport, Conn., Readies $97M Taxable, Tax-Exempt Deal. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p43
Reports that Bridgeport, Connecticut has prepared to sell taxable and taxable-exempt bond deal. Series of the negotiated fixed-rate sale led by senior manager Bear, Stearns & Co.; Proceeds of the taxable portion of the new-money sale; Insurance of the bonds.
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p6
Reports developments related to the underwriters and dealers in the U.S. as of July 2004. Appointment of Juan Pittman as managing director of the public finance director of Bear, Stearns and Co. Inc.; Closure of the municipal trading desks of UBS Financial Services Inc.; Designation of John...
- January A Letdown After Year-End Rally. Meakin, Thomas K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/5/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the performance of insurance stocks of several companies in the United States for January 2001. Bear Stearns Cos.; Goldman Sachs Group; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.
- Market Blues. Piontek, Steve // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/15/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 34, p4
The author reflects on the insolvency of financial institutions in the U.S. He comments on the financial difficulties of mortgage companies particularly the $30 billion bailout for Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. He offers his insights regarding the decision to seize the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31653, p6
This article presents information about personnel changes in insurance companies and in the United States as of June 10, 2003. A few weeks after the departure of the head of the senior-living group in UBS Financial Services' Richmond, Virginia office, the rest of the health care group has also...