Ex-SEC Staffer Baker to Join Latham Watkins
- Latham & Watkins Defies the Times and Grows M&A Practice. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/28/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the expansion of the mergers and acquisitions practice of law firm Latham & Watkins.
- Latham opens Italian office as London partner departs. Pawsey, Latham // Lawyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p3
Reveals that the law firm Latham & Watkins is continuing to focus on Europe. Move of the firm to set up its second office in Italy; Growth of the office of the firm in London, England; Information on the practice of the firm.
- LEADER. Pawsey, Vanessa // Lawyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p3
Comments on the plan of Latham & Watkins to open office in Brussels, Belgium. Political speculations of the Latham's move; Issue of law firms' competition in Brussels; Role of Latham in the Royal Caribbean merger plan.
- Former SEC member to join Latham & Watkins. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p8
Announces the appointment of former Securities and Exchange Commission member William Baker to Latham and Watkin's Washington office. Efforts of the firm in continuing its recruitment program for high-profile securities litigators; Credentials.
- Latham & Watkins Comments on Aircraft Carrier. // Venulex Legal Summaries;1999 Q4, p1
The article discusses the comments issued by the law firm Latham & Watkins on the proposed rulemaking on the regulation of securities offerings of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The law firm rejected the proposal to repeal Exxon Capital and replace it with the Form B registration...
- Latham posts 'record year' // Lawyer;2/6/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the alleviation in the average profit per equity (PEP) partner by fourteen percent by Latham & Watkins in London, England. Its mean PEP escalated from 1.4 million dollars in 2004 to 1.6 million dollars, while revenue increased from 1.2 billion dollars to 1.4 billion dollars.
- L.A. Firm Fires 43. DeBenedictis, Don J. // ABA Journal;Nov91, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p29
Reports on Los Angeles, California law firm Latham & Watkins' dismissal of 43 associates in August 1991 because of the changing economics of practice. State of the legal marketplace; Decline in mergers and acquisitions work; Introduction of the unitary billing system under which senior partners...
- Latham & Watkins Latest Law Firm With Lease Deal. Mueller, Mark // Orange County Business Journal;5/28/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p39
The article reports on the developments surrounding the Orange County, California law firm Latham & Watkins LLP. The county's fourth largest law firm just signed a lease for additional space at the Offices of South Coast Plaza's Center Tower. The deal is for 13,369 square feet, and runs eight years.
- US firms enjoy improved fortunes in French market. Pugh, Andrew // Lawyer;9/20/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p9
The article reports that American law firms including Latham & Watkins LLP and Baker & McKensie LLP have improved their revenues in France.