Mixed-Use IRS Ruling Is Time Based
- Navigating Tribal Waters. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32574, p1
The article reports on issues related to the issuance of tax-exempt bonds by Indian tribes in the U.S. Clifford Gannett, an executive of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)advised Indian tribes to use private-letter rulings if a tax-exempt bond transaction has significant tax risks and to use the...
- EZFBs Stay Tax-Exempt After Sale of Business, IRS Determines. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33034, p5
The article reports on the claim of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that some tax-exempt enterprise zone facility bonds which are provided to fund the construction of a business within a zone will remain tax-exempt even if the facility is sold to another buyer to operate it after its...
- IRS ruling on academics could lead to charter school tax-exempt issuance. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30252, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has ruled that an educational academy is eligible to benefit from tax-exempt financing, which could clear the way for charter schools to sell tax-exempt bonds. Citing of private-letter rulings; Reactions from several bond lawyers on the ruling.
- California Issuer Can Sell Prepay Bonds Without Arbitrage Fears. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p5
The article examines the letter rulings released by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) stating that a district in California can issue tax-exempt bonds to prepay for electricity without taking into account certain arbitrage restrictions. The letter ruling that was dated April 2, 2008 does...
- Scrutinizing 'Lease-to-Own' Deals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p1
The article reports on statements by Charles Anderson, tax-exempt bond field operations manager of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), on Section 6700 penalties for lease-to-own bonds. Anderson said that the IRS is conducting audits of some bond-financed leases which could have...
- Phannaceutical Finn's Wastewater Plant Didn't Break Rules. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;6/29/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33341, p5
The article discusses the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that a wastewater plant built by a pharmaceutical company with exempt facility bonds does not violate tax laws.
- IRS releases proposed tax-exempt bond audit guidelines. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's release of proposed tax-exempt bond audit guidelines as part of its enforcement initiative. Goals of the IRS guidelines; Terms of the guidelines.
- South Miami Settles With IRS Over Garage Debt. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p4
The article reports on the settlement and agreement reached between South Miami and the Internal Revenue Service over prohibited uses of tax-exempt bond to construct a parking garage in 2011.
- Attorneys Testify on Tribal Bond Confusion. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p1
This article reports that the attorneys and academics of the United States have stated that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service audits and ambiguities in the federal tax code continue to hamstring Indian tribal governments' efforts to finance capital needs. Senator Gordon Smith, chairman of the...