Georgia Housing Bond Issuance Is Threatened by S&P Action
- Georgia housing agency tries an experiment: It goes the competitive route. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p24
Reports on Georgia Housing Finance Authority's remarketing of $30 million of 1997 single-family mortgage revenue bonds. Aim to gauge if taking bids could generate lower interest rates than on negotiated deals; Series and ratings; Sale date and type; Top yield; Underwriters, bond counsel,...
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34196, p1
A chart is presented that lists the amount, time of sale, and financial adviser for several issuers of negotiated bond sales in the U.S. as of October 28, 2014 including the Georgia Housing & Finance Authority, California Municipal Finance Authority, and the Colorado Housing & Finance Authority.
- Market Close: Traders See 'Ideal' Time To Buy Triple-A. Flynn, Hillary; Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;10/16/2014, p40
The article discusses the low-yield environment in the trading sector, which is apparently the best time to buy triple-A rated bonds. Topics mentioned include the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's two-part sale of mortgage finance bonds, the 103 million-dollar Georgia Housing and Finance...
- Triple-A Housing. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p31
Reports on the sale of the triple-A-rated single-family mortgage refunding bonds by the Georgia Housing and Finance Authority. Identification of bonds included in the deal; Maturities of the B-1 bonds; Total of the term.
- Georgia Housing Agency Bonds Appear Safe From Lending Act. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p6
Reports that bonds issued by the Georgia Housing and Finance Authority (GHFA) have escaped from the finance legislation Georgia Fair Lending Act. Effect of law on the Standard & Poor's structured finance group; Preemption of rating certain securities transactions by the law; Provisions of the...
- Kentucky legislature approves bill to shift private-activity cap to state. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;03/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30359, p30
Announces the Kentucky legislature's March 24, 1998 approval of a bill that allows the commonwealth's housing and student loan agencies to bring an extra $40 million of tax-exempt bonds to market in 1998. Terms of the bill; Amendments made to the bill prior to its final approval; Expectations...
- Cagamas Sets 4th Sale of Islamic Bonds. Bloomberg News // American Banker;8/9/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 152, p12
This article reports on Cagamas Bhd., Malaysia's biggest mortgage lender, which plans to sell $273 million of Islamic bonds. The Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, company will issue debt with maturities one year, two years, and three years, paying investors profit rates of respective percentages. Islamic...
- ARIZONA. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p41
Reports on launch of multifamily housing revenue bonds by U.S.-based Phoenix Industrial Development Authority for housing to low-income families. Offerings for median income famillies; Basis for issuing of the bonds.
- N.Y. Mortgage Agency Offers $150M in Housing Bonds. Burton, Paul // National Mortgage News;9/12/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p12
The article reports on the bond sale held by the State of New York Mortgage Agency which amounts to 150 million dollars that goes to help provide funds for fixed-rate and home mortgage loans with terms of 30-40 years.