What changes have been made to the curriculum of pediatric advanced life support (PALS)?
- Safe transport from a specialist paediatric intensive care unit to a referral hospital. Solomon, Jennifer; Clarke, Dave // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p30
There are 23 paediatric intensive care units (PICU) in the UK and 19 of these have a retrieval team responsible for the safe and uneventful transfer of critically ill children from referring hospitals. There are two established PICUs in University Hospitals of Leicester (UHL) NHS Trust that work...
- A FORMAÃ‡ÃƒO DO ENFERMEIRO PARA A ESTRATÃ‰GIA SAÃšDE DA FAMÃLIA. Silvestre, Maria Rosa Pereira; Henriques Ribeiro, Roberta Maria Martins // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;7/1/2010, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p207
Objective: analyze their diagnoses and nursing interventions adopted a service of Pediatrics, during a clinical training in a Portuguese hospital. Method: his is a project developed in partnership (student and teacher) in the context of clinical education, seen as a descriptive case study of a...
- Research and commentary. // Nursing Children & Young People;Dec2015, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p13
The article presents a study that examined what nurses and physicians believe are significant considerations in children and young people's end-of-life care.
- Paediatric critical care nursing. Fulbrook, Paul // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p85
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the contributions and dedication of paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) nurses in caring for critically ill children and in the integration of family-centered care into critical care practice.
- Lingzhi Girl. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p48
No abstract available.
- Nursing Care of the Critically Ill Child, 3rd edition. Pat Aust, Mary // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p72
The article reviews the third edition of the book "Nursing Care of the Critically Ill Child," by M. Hazinski.
- Breathe deep. Kirwan, Lisa // Nursing Children & Young People;Oct2015, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p14
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as a nurse in a paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London, England.
- Stepping up to the challenge. Kirwan, Lisa // Nursing Children & Young People;Dec2015, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14
The author conveys her thoughts about working in a paediatric intensive care unit as a staff nurse at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London, England.
- Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing. Killman, Debbie // Nursing Children & Young People;Apr2013, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
The article reviews the book ``Paediatric Intensive Care Nursing'' by Michaela Dixon and Doreen Crawford.