Use of Nesiritide to Treat Acute Decompensated Heart Failure
- BATTLESCARRED: NT-proBNP-guided therapy improved mortality in older patients with chronic HF. // Cardiology Today;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses the BATTLESCARRED research on the efficacy of a hormone-guided treatment strategy guided by N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide levels in reducing mortality in patients aged 75 years and older with chronic heart failure (HF), with a reference to a study by J....
- A natriuretic peptide with hemodynamic benefits in patients with acute decompensated CHF. Dunn, Alisha; Chow, Moses S.S.; Kluger, Jeffrey // Formulary;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p123
Discusses study findings on the use of the synthetically prepared brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) called nesiritide for the treatment of decompensated congestive heart failure (CHF). Predominant hemodynamic effects of exogenously administered BNP; Incidence of ventricular tachycardia; Most...
- Neseritide. Caron, Michael F.; White, C. Michael // Formulary;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p639
Examines the effects of a brain natriuretic peptide Nesiritide for treating patients with acutely decompensated congestive heart failure. Reduction of pulmonary capillary wedge pressure using nesiritide; Association between nesiritide and arrhythmic events; Need for blood pressure monitoring...
- Focus on omapatrilat. Song, Jessica C.; White, C. Michael // Formulary;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p698
Examines a novel neuval for the treatment of hypertension and heart failure. Inhibition results in elevated natriuretic peptide levels; Dosages of Omapatrilat; Establishment of the efficacy of clinical hypertension trials. INSETS: Background on natriuretic peptides;Formulary considerations.
- Changes in Tissue-Doppler Echocardiographic Assessment of Left Ventricular Filling During NT-proBNP Guided Heart Failure Treatment Titration: A Pilot Study. Wasywich, Cara A.; Whalley, Gillian A.; Walsh, Helen A.; Gamble, Greg D.; Doughty, Robert N. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Feb2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p38
Background: Although brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and E/Ea are closely related in heart failure (HF) patients and may be helpful to guide HF therapy, the response of E/Ea to changes in BNP over several weeks of intensive HF treatment optimisation is unknown. This study was designed to...
- The value of serum N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels in the differential diagnosis and follow-up of congestive cardiac failure and respiratory distress due to pulmonary aetiologies in infants and children. Evim, Melike Sezgin; Ucar, Birsen; Kilic, Zübeyir; Colak, Omer // Cardiology in the Young;Jul2010, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p495
Objective: We aimed to determine whether N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide can differentiate between cardiac and pulmonary aetiologies of dyspnoea, if N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide can be used for evaluating the effect of treatment in cardiac failure, and for predicting severe...
- NOBEX and Biocon to Codevelop Oral Peptide for Treating Congestive Heart Failure. Rios, Maribel // Pharmaceutical Technology;Oct2005, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p28
Reports that Nobex Corp. and Biocon Ltd. will codevelop an oral formulation of human brain-type natriuretic peptide (hBNP) for the treatment of congestive heart failure. Terms of agreement; Oral bioavailability of hBNP.
- Neurohumoral effects of aliskiren in patients with symptomatic heart failure receiving a mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist: the Aliskiren Observation of Heart Failure Treatment study. Pitt, Bertram; Latini, Roberto; Maggioni, Aldo P.; Solomon, Scott D.; Smith, Beverly A.; Wright, Melanie; Prescott, Margaret F.; McMurray, John J.V. // European Journal of Heart Failure;Jul2011, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p755
Aims We evaluated the influence of concomitant mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) on the safety and neurohumoral effects of a direct renin inhibitor in the ALiskiren Observation of Heart Failure Treatment (ALOFT) study. Methods and results Patients with stable New York Heart...
- Nesiritide and heart failure. Elliott, William T. // Infectious Disease Alert;Sep2011 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article focuses on a study which examined the safety and efficacy of nesiritide in treating patients with acute heart failure.