Integrating the Crucial Cs into Adlerian Play Therapy
- Case Study Using Adlerian Play Therapy. Snow, Marilyn S.; Buckley, Matthew R.; Williams, Sylvia C. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p328
Describes the principles of Adlerian play therapy. Consultations with school; Overview of family constellation; Child's entry into egalitarian relationship.
- Individual Psychology: Bullying, Play Therapy, Therapeutic Obstacles, Work, and Loss. Kern, M.; Curlette, William L. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p177
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including bullying, play therapy and individual psychology.
- Narrative Means to Adlerian Ends: An Illustrated comparison of Narrative Therapy and Adlerian Play Therapy. Dahlgren, Susan; Daigneault // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p298
Compares the theoretical congruencies underlying narrative therapy and Adlerian play therapy. Treatment plan based on combined therapies; Principles of Adlerian play therapy.
- Kinder Therapy: An Adlerian Approach for Training Teachers to Be Therapeutic Agents Through Play. White, JoAnna; Flynt, Mary; Jones, Nancy P. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p365
Presents an Adlerian approach to training teachers to be therapeutic agents through play. School counselor and teacher consultation model; Fundamental tenets of individual psychology.
- Improving the Functioning of Individuals Through Group Activities and an Article on the Inferiority Complex. Curlette, William L.; Kern, Roy M. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2014, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including adlerian psychology, teenage parents, and group play therapy.
- Adlerian Play Therapy with a Traumatized Boy. Morrison, Mary O. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p57
Young children experience life altering traumatic events every day in our society. It is essential that mental health professionals have appropriate training and experience working with young children, Play therapy is an empirically validated and developmentally appropriate intervention for...
- Sandtray for Early Recollections with Children in Adlerian Play Therapy. Even, Trigg A.; Armstrong, Stephen A. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Winter2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p391
Adlerian play therapy harnesses the therapeutic power of play and a collaborative play therapy relationship to gather lifestyle information, promote insight, and generate through encouragement and reorientation more useful, adaptive functioning. Humanistic sandtray therapy is a dynamic and...
- Supervision in Group Play Therapy: A Skills Checklist. Garza, Yvonne; Kinsworthy, Sarah; Bennett, Mary Morrison // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2014, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p31
The authors developed a skills checklist for use in teaching reflecting skills to play-therapists-in-training using the modality of group play therapy. Specifically, the skill sheet uses the construct areas of connect, capable, count, and courage, described in Adlerian play therapy literature as...
- Using Children's Drawings to Facilitate the Acting "As If" Technique. Watts, Richard E.; Garza, Yvonne // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2008, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p113
The article considers the use of expressive art and play as tools in helping children communicate their understanding of themselves, others and the world. These tools can be used by counselors to enhance and facilitate the development of the client-counselor relationship. Within the Adlerian...