Integrating the Crucial Cs into Adlerian Play Therapy
- Case Study Using Adlerian Play Therapy. Snow, Marilyn S.; Buckley, Matthew R.; Williams, Sylvia C. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p328
Describes the principles of Adlerian play therapy. Consultations with school; Overview of family constellation; Child's entry into egalitarian relationship.
- Narrative Means to Adlerian Ends: An Illustrated comparison of Narrative Therapy and Adlerian Play Therapy. Dahlgren, Susan; Daigneault // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p298
Compares the theoretical congruencies underlying narrative therapy and Adlerian play therapy. Treatment plan based on combined therapies; Principles of Adlerian play therapy.
- Kinder Therapy: An Adlerian Approach for Training Teachers to Be Therapeutic Agents Through Play. White, JoAnna; Flynt, Mary; Jones, Nancy P. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p365
Presents an Adlerian approach to training teachers to be therapeutic agents through play. School counselor and teacher consultation model; Fundamental tenets of individual psychology.
- Adlerian Play Therapy with a Traumatized Boy. Morrison, Mary O. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p57
Young children experience life altering traumatic events every day in our society. It is essential that mental health professionals have appropriate training and experience working with young children, Play therapy is an empirically validated and developmentally appropriate intervention for...
- Sandtray for Early Recollections with Children in Adlerian Play Therapy. Even, Trigg A.; Armstrong, Stephen A. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Winter2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p391
Adlerian play therapy harnesses the therapeutic power of play and a collaborative play therapy relationship to gather lifestyle information, promote insight, and generate through encouragement and reorientation more useful, adaptive functioning. Humanistic sandtray therapy is a dynamic and...
- Using Children's Drawings to Facilitate the Acting "As If" Technique. Watts, Richard E.; Garza, Yvonne // Journal of Individual Psychology;Spring2008, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p113
The article considers the use of expressive art and play as tools in helping children communicate their understanding of themselves, others and the world. These tools can be used by counselors to enhance and facilitate the development of the client-counselor relationship. Within the Adlerian...
- Strength-Based Mental Health Counseling for Children with ADHD: An Integrative Model of Adventure-Based Counseling and Adlerian Play Therapy. Portrie-Bethke, Torey L.; Hill, Nicole R.; Bethke, Jerid G. // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p323
The hyperactivity and impulsivily experienced by children who are diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can pose challenges for families, teachers, and menial health counselors (Barkley, 2000). The authors present an integrative model of Adlerian play therapy and...
- Cult, culture, and cultivation: The contributions of individual psychology. Powers, Robert L. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Mar97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the contributions of individual psychology. Reference to cult, culture and cultivation; Discussion on the maintenance and development of cultural forms; Views on Alfred Adler's work on the study of religious and other forms of cultural expression.
- Healing community: An Adlerian approach. Kopp, Richard R. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Mar97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the Adlerian approach to healing community. What is meant by community; Explanation of the symptoms of a community in need of healing; Principles for creating a healing community.