This is worse than war
- Old arguments fuel modern-day. // All Hands;Aug94, Issue 928, p19
The article reports on the tension in Yugoslavia during the end of the Cold War which fuel the modern-day war.
- The end. Fink, Ida // Tikkun;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p23
Presents a short story entitled `The End' concerning the outbreak of war as seen from the eyes of Piotr and his daughter.
- Tribal quarrels and where they might lead. Kempton, Murray // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p8C
Comments on the disputes and tribal quarrels between nations. Peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO); Dispute settlement; Ineffectiveness of multinationalism; United Nations sanctions against the Bosnian Muslims involved in ethnic war with other groups...
- Life in the 90's. Golway, Terry // America;8/26/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the massing of forces of destruction against unarmed and innocent civilians. War crime committed by the United States in dropping atomic bombs on Japan in 1945; Controversy over military alliances; Ideology as an innovation of 20th century warfare; Slaughter of the innocents.
- Victory over Napalm. Colson, Charles; Pearcey, Nancy // Christianity Today;03/03/97, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p96
Discusses the author's view regarding the effect of war in Vietnam to people particularly to a little girl named Phan Thi Kim Phuc who suffered both physical and emotional pain.
- Virtual war? // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn96, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p116
Reviews an article entitled `Morality and High Technology,' by A.J. Bacevich published in the Fall 1996 issue of `The National Interest,' about social implications of technological innovations in warfare.
- Out of the rubble. Horsfield, Dorothy // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/15/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6346, p15
Discusses the reconstruction in Kabul, Afghanistan after years of war. Conditions of housing in the city after the war; Changes that took place in Kabul's social conditions; Formation of a committee comprising local representatives and expatriates by Urban Planning Minister Yosef Pashtun to...
- The War: A Girl's Escape from Kosovo. Limani, Sahadete // Skipping Stones;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p24
Narrates the story of a family in Kosovo who escaped to the United States for want of safety from the war in Kosovo. Hardships faced by the family in Kosovo; Sponsors and help rendered by Americans for rehabilitating the crisis affected families in Kosovo; Problems of communication in english.
- White Dirt Won't Stain. Kirk, Kelsie Rose // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);2/11/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
The article presents the author's views on the war efforts of the U.S.