'Post Office' To at First Be Optional
- Technology & business services briefs. R.P. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/06/98, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p50
Focuses on public service developments in Long Island, New York for the week of April 6, 1998. Referendum on proposed partial takeover of Long Island Lighting Co. by Suffolk County; Details of a software license agreement between Compu-Dawn and the Searcy Arkansas Police Department; Nomination...
- International Falls-a cold climate that's warm to business. Bullwinkle, Kristeen // Fedgazette;Jan1996, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the Minnesota Cold Weather Resource Center, located in International Falls and the services it offers people during the winter months. What center does.
- France. Chayes, Sarah // Scholastic Update;02/23/98, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the style of government in France, outlining the way in which French citizens are treated by the government. Type of government the country is ruled by; Services offered to citizens by the government; Rate of unemployment in France; Diversity of views among political parties;...
- Wide variations in London's services. // Community Care;2/28/2002, Issue 1411, p15
Talks about the reports 'Working Capital: Introductory Briefing' and 'Working Capital: Sustainable Communities,' on public services in London, England. Relation between performance and spending; Information provided by both reports.
- PUBLIC NOTICES. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/12/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 37, p8B
The article provides information related to public services in Burnet and Llano County, Texas including sealed bids for construction work on water system improvements in the Smithwick Mills community, the impoundment of animals at the Burnet County Sheriff's Office, and the meeting of the Marble...
- At your service. // Grand Rapids Magazine;July97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, pCG 23
Presents a directory of public assistance services for any type of emergency in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Police and fire services; Ambulance services; Hospitals; Medical emergency centers; Drug, alcohol information treatment centers; Counseling; Mental health services; Civil liberty complaints;...
- Upcoming conferences and events. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Mar1999, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p14
Lists upcoming conferences and events for members of the American Public Human Services Association in 1999.
- Faces & places. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Mar1999, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p16
Presents photographs of various members of the American Public Human Services Association.
- Public services. // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p149
Reports on developments concerning public services in Great Britain from May 7 to June 18, 1997. Decline in the number of households being disconnected from their water supply for non-payment of bills; Dispute over British Gas' use of customer information for marketing of other services;...
- When 'best value' may not quite say what it means: a reflection on measuring quality in public services in the United Kingdom. Trickey, Keith // Australian Library Journal;May2003, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p179
Assesses the quality of public service in Great Britain. Three elements of a good service; Level of activity within the authority; Authority's aim and challenges.