Thompson's Tough Task
- NYC's New Comptroller: Let's Rebuild. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p1
Reports that New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson asked the municipal bond industry to play a leading role in the rebuilding of lower Manhattan. Plans of the city for the selection of an underwriting syndicate; Use of talents of municipal market participants; Promise made by Thompson.
- New Comptroller. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p39
Reports on the possible agenda of New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson Jr. for luncheon to be held by the Municipal Forum of New York on February 1, 2002. Venue for the luncheon; Expectations regarding the speech of Thompson during the function.
- Don't mess with Bill. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;4/23/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 17, p6
Details on an interview with New York City Comptroller William Thompson is presented. Thompson claims that he got all his passed income tax files electronically in preparation for the April 15, 2009. It likewise states that Thompson supports the possibility of taxing the rich people Furthermore,...
- Extending Liberty? McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p31
Reports that New York City comptroller William C. Thompson Jr. has requested the U.S. federal government to extend deadline for the $8 billion Liberty bond program. Need to reevaluate utilization of bond proceedings; Reason behind the request of comptroller; Estimation for amount to be left for...
- N.Y.C. Comptroller Questions Manhattan Stadium Subsidy. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p36
Reports on the concerns of New York City Comptroller William Thompson about the public financing proposals for the redevelopment of Manhattan's far West Side. Details about the multi-faceted financing plans for the redevelopment project; Amount of investment in the project; Opinion of Thompson...
- NYC Public Funds Push for Increased Foreign Disclosure. // Investment Management Weekly;12/13/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the review of foreign and offshore subsidiaries of several U.S. firms being pushed by the retirement systems of New York City, led by Comptroller William Thompson in December 2004.
- New York City Deputy Comptroller Steps Down. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;9/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Horatio Sparkes as deputy comptroller of pensions for the City of New York to join California-based private equity firm, The Yucaipa Cos. According to William C. Thompson, comptroller of New York City, Sparkes has been an asset to the city's pension...
- Comptroller short list. Michaud, Anne // Crain's New York Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p3
The article focuses on issues related to the election of New York state comptroller. Westchester Assemblyman Richard Brodsky, city Comptroller William Thompson and investment banker William Mulrow are in the race to replace Alan Hevesi. The comptroller acts as a fiscal manager of state agencies...
- "Stop cutting day care for tots,' demands Comptroller Bill Thompson. Tyler, G.L. // New York Amsterdam News;5/7/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p31
The article reports that New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson Junior expressed deep concern about City Hall's poorly administered effort to eliminate kindergarten day care. However, City Council Member Bill de Blasio said that the elimination of kindergarten day care may very well place...