Morris Brown May Seek Accreditation With Another Agency
- Universities, Students Show Support for Morris Brown College. Powell, Tracie // Black Issues in Higher Education;2/13/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the support of universities and students for Morris Brown College in Atlanta, Georgia whose accreditation has been revoked by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Reasons for the revocation of the accreditation; Information on a letter campaign launched in support of...
- Morris Brown to Begin Process of Re-Accreditation. // Black Issues in Higher Education;4/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the decision of Morris Brown College in Atlanta, Georgia to begin the process of re-accreditation following the ruling of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) which denied its appeal for membership. Reason for the decision of SACS; Situations considered by SACS as...
- Accrediting Agency Acts Against Grambling State University. // Black Issues in Higher Education;7/19/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p12
Reports on a punitive action taken by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools against Grambling State University in Louisiana for its failure to provide audit records for years 2000 and 2001.
- Alabama State University's Accreditation Status in Jeopardy. // Black Issues in Higher Education;8/29/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p12
Reports that Alabama State University could lose its accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools for failing to address accounting problems and adopt a format for financial reports. Response of officials from the Alabama State University.
- TSU: Anatomy of a Problem. Richardson, Ray // Tennessee Tribune;12/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p11A
The article reports that the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) has warned the Tennessee State University (TSU) about the delay of its accreditation affirmation until the school removes remaining deficiencies in 2010.
- HAIL TO THE CHIEF. Shilton, A. C. // Gulfshore Business;Mar2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p13
An interview with Terry McMahan, president of Hodges University, is presented. When asked on his top accomplishment at the University, he refers to securing accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. He mentions that one of the initiative of the...
- SACS reaffirms Hill College accreditation. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/24/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on the reaffirmation of the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to the accreditation of the Hill College with no follow-up reports requirement during the meeting held in Hillsboro, Texas in June 2011.
- SACSCOC reaffirms Delta State's accreditation. // Jackson Advocate;12/25/2014, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p9A
The article announces the reaffirmation of the accreditation of Delta State University by the organization the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) on December 9, 2014.
- Case study of accreditation reaffirmation with emphasis on assessment-related ambiguities. Schmadeka, Wayne // Journal of Case Studies in Accreditation & Assessment;Jul2012, Vol. 2, p1
At the urging of the U.S. Department of Education, regional accrediting organizations have, during the last few years, placed much greater emphasis on implementation of assessment as a requirement for accreditation. The battle to control the terms of assessment and ambiguity surrounding those...