The Empirics of U.S. Philips Curve: A Revisit
- A better quarter. // Crain's Small Business -- New York / Westchester;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p25
Provides information on the unemployment and inflation rate in the state of New York as of second quarter of 1996.
- Inflation, unemployment, and poverty revisited. Powers, Elizabeth T. // Economic Review (00130281);1995 3rd Quarter, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p2
Examines the impact of inflation and unemployment on poverty using poverty rate based on goods and services actually consumed, rather than on income. Mismeasurement of poverty; Problems with the official poverty rate; Consumption-based poverty rate; Ways in which inflation and unemployment...
- ECONOMIC SPOTLIGHT. // Crain's New York Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p46
Presents the economic statistics for unemployment rate in New York City as of January 27, 2003. Comparison between unemployment and inflation rate in the city during November 2002, December 2002 and December 2001; Performance of several motion pictures in the city; Details of business deal...
- Keynesian stimulus without inflation. Seidman, Laurence S. // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Fall83, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p39
Applies the concept of Keynesian stimulus without inflation. Monetarist recession; Unemployment rate; Wage-price policy.
- Inflation, unemployment and macroeconomic policy in New Zealand: A public choice analysis. Smyth, David J.; Woodfield, Alan E. // Public Choice;Feb93, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p119
Focuses on the indifference map between inflation and unemployment in New Zealand using government approval survey data. Concern of New Zealanders over unemployment relative to inflation; Difficulty of implementing sustained anti-inflation policies; Effect of institutional changes on government...
- The Unemployment-Inflation-Voter Utility Relationship in the Political Business Cycle: Some Evidence. Cartwright, Phillip A.; DeLorme Jr., Charles D. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan85, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p898
The purpose of this paper is to present such an inquiry by applying the Granger causality test using quarterly United States data for the seven presidential election periods from 1954 through 1980. Our interest is in determining the nature of the empirical relationship between voter utility, the...
- Economic Activity and Inflation. // Economic Review (03630021);2000, p55
Examines the papers on the relationship between inflation and economic activity that were presented at a macroeconomics workshop organized by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research. Relationship between unemployment and inflation;...
- ECONOMIC SPOTLIGHT. // Crain's New York Business;3/22/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p46
The number of months needed to absorb all available apartments listed for sale in Manhattan, New York, has fallen 49% over the past year, from 10.2 months to 5.2 months. The number of sales is outpacing the number of listings coming on line, according to data from the Douglas Elliman Manhattan...
- MOROCCAN ECONOMY: SEEKING A CURE. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Sep2001, Issue 315, p23
Reports the economic recession in Morocco. Prediction of the rise of the inflation rate; Increase in unemployment rate; Reasons for the economic crisis; Efforts of Government on the promotion of Morocco for trade and transportation.