Beyond Pay for Performance: A Panel Study of the Determinants of CEO Compensation
- Executive Incentives. Zingheim, Patricia K.; Schuster, Jay R. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
Suggests several forms of long-term incentives for executives. Stock options with performance accelerated vesting; Long-term cash incentives with cash or stock payouts; Officer stock retention guidelines.
- Rewards given for selling subsidiaries or staying during restructuring. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p26
Focuses on the analysis by William M. Mercer Inc. stating that some companies have added special incentives to reward executives who help sell a substantial asset. Features of the incentives usually given to executives; Special incentives given to executives.
- What You Need to Know About Executive Compensation Choices. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec99, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on incentive programs for executives. Non-qualified deferred-compensation; Employer-instituted plan; Employee-option plan; Funded and unfunded plans.
- 'Incentivize' Managers from The Outset. Scott, Howard // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2002, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p84
Focuses on the effectiveness of an incentive scheme to maximize manager capability in dry cleaning companies. Problems faced by companies related to manager performance; Objection of managers on an incentive scheme for managers; Forms of incentives.
- Enticing the Executive. Evans, Heathe; Sokic, Steve // CMA Management;Apr2000, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the strategies recommended for businesses to develop incentive packages to attract employees in executive positions. Salary deferral arrangements to maximize taxation cost-effectiveness; Inclusion of phantom stock plans and stock options in the incentive plan.
- Establishing your options. Mohan, Kevin // Executive Leadership;Feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p7
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the factors to be considered in granting equity incentives to senior managers as part of their pay package.
- Long-term incentives. // Futurist;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p54
Reports on high-performing companies' offer of long-term incentives to their executives than do low-performing companies. Base salaries for chief executive officers in less-successful companies; Long-term incentives.
- Regulatory and Life Cycle Influences on Managerial Incentives. Hirschey, Mark; Pappas, James L. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct81, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p327
The purpose of this article is to reexamine the managerial incentives issue. Like previous studies, this research will be based upon a simple model of managerial motivation. By way of departure, regulatory and life cycle influences will be examined as "environmental" factors with potentially...
- Double or nothing in incentives game. Laurence, Michael // BRW;10/13/97, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p120
Reports that in Australia, top executives are not being adequately rewarded for their contributions, and employers are not effectively using the executive incentive schemes to encourage higher performance. General bonus scheme preferred; Comments from Brett Hoffman of Towers Perrin; Results of...