A Methodology for Analyzing the Effects of Geographic Diversification for Financial Institutions
- Diversification Important to Economic Growth. Poe, Bob // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p8
Reports that diversification is important to Alaska's economic growth. Out-of-state investments of native corporations such as Permanent Fund Corp.; Search for acceptable rate of return; Relation between profit and the domicile of corporations.
- Geographical and Product Diversification during Instability Financial Period: Good or Bad for Banks? Cotugno, Matteo; Stefanelli, Valeria // International Research Journal of Finance & Economics;Feb2012, Issue 85, p87
This paper analyses the effects of the geographical and product diversification strategy on the performance of Italian banks in markets characterized by considerable instability. The econometric analysis, developed in the cross-section and time series dimension, considers a panel data set...
- Top 100 Publicly Traded Mid-Tier Banks. // U.S. Banker;Aug2004, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p46
Presents charts depicting the top 100 publicly traded mid-tier banks based on average return on equity as of August 2004.
- Local banks rank high among nation's top institutions. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/20/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 26, p42A
Reports the ranking of the regional banks in Long Island, New York. Return on equity; Efficiency ratio; Financial performance.
- Nevada banks on top in return on assets. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;04/09/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p1
Indicates that banks in Nevada were ranked first in the United States for return on assets and second in equity returns. High numbers of non-performing consumer loans credited to Nevada banks; Banking and savings and loan ratings for individual states; Other rankings for Nevada banks.
- Processing Banks' Premiums Questioned . Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;3/27/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 59, p20
Focuses on the prospects of premium on processing banks' stocks in the U.S., as of March 2003. Estimates on the trading rates of processing banks; Decline in the return on equity ratios; Estimates on price to earnings ratios of various processing banks.
- Portfolio evaluation, downside risk and an anomaly. Kochman, Ladd M. // American Business Review;Jun99, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p53
Argues that portfolios pay premiums that are sensitive to incomplete diversification and nonsymmetric returns. Fund net selectivity; Question on whether the use of beta sufficiently measures investors' risks; Comparison of three models on portfolio risk and return measures.
- Lebanese lenders look to offset risk. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 47, p7
The article informs that many Lebanese banks are diversifying themselves out of their home market to reduce risk.
- Banks try new bait to lure funds fleeing the stock market. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/27/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9
Focuses on the plans of banks on attracting consumers in New Orleans, Louisiana. Creation of marketing campaign for Tower Gold accounts; Plans to restructure the checking and saving accounts of Metaire Bank; Percentage of rate of returns offered to consumers.