Components of Interest Rate Risk of Commercial Bank Stock Returns: Mismatch of the Gap, Basis, and Embedded Option (1990-1997)
- Welcome to the New Year Your Interest Rate Risk Just Doubled. Hingston, Roy // Community Banker;Jan2000, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p34
Reports on the concern on interest rate risk (IRR) in the United States. Increase of the IRR of the banking industry; Problems associated with an increased IRR; Factors affecting the increase.
- Big Banks Geared For Higher Rates. Terris, Harry // American Banker;5/16/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 76, p6
The article focuses on the U.S. banking industry, duration gap analysis of interest rate risk, and outlook for banks with short-term assets and liabilities.
- METHODS OF MEASURING INTEREST RATE RISK IN BANKS. Stevanović, Boriša // Economics: Casopis za Ekonomsku Teoriju i Analizu;2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p79
Subject of this text is the measurement of a bank's exposure to interest rate risk. Bearing in mind that the interest rate risk exposure of the financial position of the bank variable interest rate, acceptance that risk is a normal part of banking and can be an important source of profitability...
- AN EXAMINATION OF INTEREST RATE RISK MANAGEMENT IN CROATIA: DOES BANK SIZE MATTER? Slijepčević, Sunčana; Živko, Igor // Conference Proceedings: International Conference of the Faculty ;2008, p1
The article discusses a study that examines the interest rate risk management in Croatia. It explains the sources and effects of interest rate risk and key characteristics of interest rate management system in banks. It notes that a survey among Croatian bank was conducted to analyze the...
- Banks say new plan on interest rate risk is all pain, no gain. Fox, Justin // American Banker;10/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 198, p2
Reports on the opposition of banks in the United States to a plan by regulators for measuring interest rate risk. Complaints against the time-consuming nature of the measure; Requirement for banks to include the proposed supervisory model in the call report.
- Navigating the shoals between Alan and Deval. Barefoot, Jo Ann S. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug96, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p24
Offers advice to bankers on how to price for risk, while avoiding discriminatory pricing. Legality of risk-based pricing; Fair lending; Credit pricing.
- Declining net interest income: Surviving the fall. Paine, Marc // North Western Financial Review;8/15/2007, Vol. 192 Issue 16, p25
The article focuses on the downfall of the net interest income of banking environment in the U.S. The declination of interest rate margins and stiff competition from alternative banking sources have put a strain on profit ability. A strategy has consistently worked involving the concept of...
- Ql points to recovery but credit risk remains a concern. Doffing, Matt // North Western Financial Review;06/15/2012, Vol. 197 Issue 12, p15
The article reports concerns on credit risk despite of loan increases in the first quarter of 2012 among banks in Minnesota. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis senior vice president Ron Feldman mentions the great fear of banks towards it than interest rate risk due to pressure from low rate...
- Regulators dropping idea of rate-risk capital rule. Fox, Justin // American Banker;2/14/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 30, p1
Reveals that banking agencies in the United States are close to giving up on devising a capital standard for interest-rate risk. Bankers' criticisms on the rate risk proposal; Agencies' plan to require banks to divulge additional interest rate information on call reports.