Managing Telecommuters: Opportunities and Challenges
- Truth In Numbers. Shea, Terence F. // HR Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
Introduces an article regarding cost-effective measures in driving employee retention and job satisfaction.
- How to retain your top talent. // Public Relations Tactics;May2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the retention of top talents in organizations.
- 5 ways to reduce turnover. // Communication Briefings;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p8
The article offers several tips for employee retention and to keep employees satisfied, adapted from the online article "I'm Outta Here! Why 2 Million Americans Quit Every Month (and 5 Steps to Turn the Epidemic Around)," by Alan Hall.
- IS YOUR MANAGEMENT STYLE RESULTING IN TURNOVER AND VACANCIES? Adams, Ron // PA Times;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the techniques for employee retention in the U.S. Reduction of stress-causing functions; Organization policy dealing with employee job satisfaction; Evaluation of management style.
- Learn what matters to employees. // Communication Briefings;Sep2012, p5
The article presents a discussion of the importance to know and gauge employees' satisfaction with their jobs and how leaders can retain them, adapted from the blog "Creating an "All In" Culture," by Matthew E. May.
- Corporate India fights to retain inhouse talent as business sentiment picksup, counter-offers grow as high as 90%. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;8/10/2014, p7
The article reports on 30% increase in the need to keep back-up candidates and retain inhouse talent for every post in headhunting companies in India.
- Satisfaction might not matter. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Nov2014, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p15
The article reports on the study "Understanding the Drivers of Job Satisfaction of Frontline Service Employees, Learning from Lost Employees," conducted by researchers at Texas Tech University, the University of Georgia, and Eastern Illinois University, which highlights that satisfied and...
- Workers can position themselves to 'hang around.' Terry, Sara // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 137, p13
Focuses on career satisfaction and employee retention, and views of an employee about need to communicate with management.
- Flexible Workplaces: A Business Imperative. Jackson, Henry G. // HRMagazine;Oct2011, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p10
The article discusses the importance of workplace flexibility such that it should be considered a business imperative and not just a benefit. Some surveys support this imperative including those by Researchers for Career-Bliss on work/life accommodations, iPass Inc. on work shifting, and a...