Municipals Hold Positive Tone After Fed Cuts Rates by 1/4 Point
- Monetary policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep97, p2
Describes trends in the United States monetary policy as of September 1997. Reserve market rates; Implied yields on federal funds futures; Actual and predicted federal funds rate; Selected interest rates; Monetary base/nominal gross domestic product and nominal interest rate, 1981-97; Inflation...
- Announcements. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Aug2003, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p379
Reports that the Federal Open Market Committee has directed to lower its target for the federal funds rate in the U.S. Expansion of the monetary policy of the country; Percentage of discount rate at all banks; Guidance on advanced measurement approaches for measuring operational risk.
- Using federal funds futures rates to predict federal... Robertson, John C.; Thornton, Daniel L. // Review (00149187);Nov/Dec97, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p45
Discusses the consequences of the difficulties for interpreting the spread of the one-month-ahead futures rate over the current target rate in United States. Monetary policy implemented by the Federal Reserve for the federal funds rate; How the federal funds futures market started; Future rates...
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2001, p2
Reports on the monetary policy in the United States as of January 2001. Details on the intended rates for the federal funds; Estimation of individual earnings projection showing deviating results; Presentations of growth depression.
- Money and Financial Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2001, p5
Reports the impact of the reduction of the federal funds rate target on the appropriateness of monetary policy in the United States. Increase in monetary aggregates; Dependence of money demand on the influence of economic growth and interest rates; Difference between actual broad money...
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);May2002, p4
Presents charts depicting the condition of monetary policy in federal reserve markets in the U.S. as of May 2002. Unchange in target federal funds rate and the discount rate; Occurrence of reduced probability of higher rates late in the year 2002; Anticipation of increase in rates in monetary...
- Money and Financial Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);May2002, p5
Presents several charts depicting the condition of money and financial markets of federal reserves markets in the U.S. as of May 2002. Effect of monetary policy on inflation; Difference between dollar-denominated instruments in the U.S. and abroad; Volatility of prices.
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2002, p4
Reports updates in the monetary policy in the U.S. Consideration of Federal Open Market Committee on the unchanged rate of federal funds; Implications of yields for the federal funds futures; Value of the fund futures contract at delivery.
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2002, p4
Reports on developments in the monetary policy of the U.S. as of August 2002. Status of the federal funds market; Inflation-adjusted federal funds rate; Corporate earnings; Decline in equity prices.