Raise the Roof
- Commentary, Perspective, Background for Upcoming Session. Montgomery III, Richard A. // Bar Bulletin of the Maryland State Bar Association;Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p9
The article presents a legislative preview for the Maryland General Assembly for 2012. It cites the proposed Congressional Redistricting map which was enacted during a special session of the assembly on October 17, 2011 that needs to be ratified in a form of a resolution during the 2012 Regular...
- Maryland Legislature Authorizes $740 Million in Bonding. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p4
Reports the approval of the fiscal 2002 capital budget by the General Assembly in Maryland. Estimation of the authorized expenditure; Appropriation of the budget; Allocation of federal funds to transportation projects.
- Disagreement on GO cap may spark intra-party warfare. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30791, p4
Reports on the Spending Affordability Committee of the Maryland General assembly's rejection of a recommended 15 million increase in the state's general obligation debt-issuing authority. Raising of the cap to 460 million; Stand of Governor Parris Glendening on the general obligation cap.
- Maryland debates amended auto ins. reform bill. Niedzielski, Joe // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/1/96, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p34
Discusses the auto insurance reform package that was proposed before the Maryland General Assembly, which would greatly reduce the potential for consumer savings. Information relating to the Automobile Rate Reduction Act of 1996; Purpose of the bill; What the original package eliminated;...
- THE POWER OF NICE: A TRIBUTE TO PROFESSOR SUSAN LEVITON. GIFFORD, DONALD G. // Maryland Law Review;2014, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p1052
A tribute is presented for Professor Susan Leviton, a lawyer in the Maryland General Assembly, in which the author reflects on her career and her impact on the law school community on the occasion of her retirement in 2014.
- SEA STATES. // Power & Motoryacht;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
The article offers information related to Maryland such as the vote of the Maryland General Assembly to cap vessel excise tax for three more years at $15,000.00, and the guilty plead by a Russian captain of the vessel Adfines East for operating the boat while on the influence of alcohol.
- Medical Marijuana Bills Moving Forward. Shapiro, Marc // Baltimore Jewish Times;4/4/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the legislative process of passing the two medical marijuana bills from legislators in the House and the Senate of Maryland's General Assembly, which would allow hospital-affiliated physicians to prescribe marijuana for therapeutic purposes.
- Tax cut among issues in year's final Maryland General Assembly session. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p3
Reports that the Maryland General Assembly passed a tax cut bill during its last session for 1998. Impact of the legislation on bond issuers; Amount in tax surplus in 1998; Nonprofit organizations as the major beneficiaries of the bill; Authorization of state bonds to be used for various purposes.
- No same-sex marriage this year for Maryland. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;3/17/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p29
The article reports on the failure of the state legislative bill related to same-sex marriage during voting in Maryland Senate, Maryland.