Maryland Transit Panel Offers Plan for Major Rail Extension
- Commuter Rail Passengers. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/29/2003 Supplement, Vol. 50 Issue 36, p82
Presents a graph depicting the commuter rail passengers in the U.S. as of August 2003.
- Secaucus connection will put Hudson Valley commuters on faster track. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the opening of the Metro-North commuter rail in New York. Enhancement of rail service; Expansion of the rail yards; Relaunch of the Spring Valley station.
- Rail Transit and Neighborhood Crime: The Case of Atlanta, Georgia. Ihlanfeldt, Keith R. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p273
The construction of commuter rail stations is the centerpiece of many metropolitan areas' overall strategies for dealing with worsening air pollution, automobile congestion, and urban sprawl. Neighborhood groups have frequently opposed new stations on the grounds that stations increase crime. If...
- City says commuter rail line worth another look. Salvail, Andre // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/30/98, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p4
Discusses the amount of money city officials in New Orleans, Louisiana, would like the federal government to pay for an engineering study regarding a proposed commuter rail line between New Orleans International Airport and downtown. Efforts of officials and business leaders to come up with...
- Washington County: Public Works Department: Request for Proposals for Red Rock Corridor Alternatives Analysis Update. // Minnesota State Register;9/17/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p420
The article offers information on the Washington County Public Works Department's request for proposals regarding the completion of an Alternatives Analysis Update for the Red Rock Corridor commuter rail service in Minnesota.
- MASSACHUSETTS: Army Corps Clears Rail. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/30/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33987, p9
The article informs that the Army Corps of Engineers has cleared preferred route of Massachusetts for the South Coast commuter rail project, which still faces building challenges.
- Metro halts construction. // Russian Life;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p4
Reports that in Moscow, Russia, Metro halted construction on its metro lines. Views of Yury Koshelev, head of the Mosmetrostroy firm; Impact the unfinished construction would have on some stations.
- Environmental group enters transportation fray. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p2
Reports on the strategy of the Transportation Choices Coalition of Connecticut to improve the transportation framework in Connecticut. Restoration of the commuter rail line service; Increase of transit service operating budget; Reduction of traffic congestion.
- Hays County joins commuter rail district. Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);5/16/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p3A
The article reports on Hays County, Texas Commissioners' approval of a plan to join the Austin-San Antonio Commuter Rail District.