Yield-Burning St. Louis Firm Pays $1.8M
- Brokerage firm set to expand. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p17
Reports on Stifel Nicolaus & Co.'s plans to increase its stable of brokers in Cleveland, Ohio. Details on the firm's fee arrangement; Functions of the firm's brokers; Advantage of the fee arrangement.
- Stifel Nicolaus to Buy Back ARS Early, Pay $800,000 to States. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33241, p5
The article reports on the move of Stifel Nicolaus & Co. to pay 800,000 dollars to the buyback of auction-rate securities from retail investors under a settlement of securities regulators in Missouri, Indiana and Colorado.
- Stifel Nicolaus: Treasury Deals Involved No Yield-Burning. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p3
Reports on the claims of Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. regarding the legality of its sale of Treasury securities, despite a pending judgment against the company in an Oklahoma district court. Sale of securities to the Oklahoma Water Resources Board and Oklahoma City; Details of the pending lawsuit...
- CORRECTION. // CardLine;12/14/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p23
A correction to the article about the brokerage firm Stifel Nicolaus is presented.
- Remembering Joseph Battipaglia. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/29/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 16, p5
An obituary for Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. Inc. market strategist Jospeh Battipaglia is presented.
- Stifel Fined Nearly $2 Million For Oklahoma Yield Burning. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p1
Reports on a two million dollar fine imposed on brokerage firm Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. Inc. by an Oklahoma County District judge in response to a lawsuit filed against the company by Oklahoma City residents Gary and Mary Piper. Allegations against the company; Undisclosed profits that the...
- Stifel Trust to invest in Chicago-are banks. Bronstien, Barbara F. // American Banker;1/31/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the trust formed by Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. to invest in Chicago-area banks and thrifts in Illinois. Requirements for investment; Sale of units to Chicagoland Financial Institutions Trust; Total sale of common-stock shares; Stable and diversified economic base of Chicago.
- Out of context. // Money Management;3/15/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p28
The article presents quotes from finance reporter Michael Pascoe regarding his role as adjudicator at the Fidelity Battle of the Asset Classes' debate, Fidelity global equities portfolio manager Amit Lodha commenting at the Fidelity equities debate, and Stifel Nicolaus and Co analyst Meyer...
- Stifel Nicolaus Adds Politically Experienced Banker to N.Y.C. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p7
The article announces that Elizabeth Caputo was hired by Stifel, Nicolaus & Co. as vice president for Northeast issuers at its New York City office.