One-Year Note Index
- Delving for dynamic dollars. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2001, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on development of a trading system for a 30-year Treasury bond. Analysis of monthly bond prices compared to two versions of the Producer Price Index (PPI); Correlation between relative price levels on a continuous contract basis for Treasury bonds and the detrended PPI.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Close to Recent Lows During Shortened Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p7
The article reports on the status of municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. for the third week of January 2006. The prices for both municipals and treasuries increased as the Labor Department reported that the core producer price index rose by 0.1 percent. Yields declined after the Federal...
- Market for Speculators. Grant, James // Forbes Global;4/19/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p55
Analyzes the state of the bond market for speculators, as of April 2004. Annual rise of the consumer price index; Trends in the Treasury market; Overview of short-term U.S. interest rates from 1830 through 2004.
- Munis Firm on Favorable Supply and Demand. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32428, p2
The article reports that the U.S. municipal market has firmed on favorable supply-demand conditions and moderate gains in Treasuries. Traders disclosed a decrease in tax-exempt yields by two to three basis points. The treasury market improved with the 10-year note finishing at 5.03%, while the...
- Most Indexes Decline as Data Comes in Below Expectations. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/20/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32612, p6
The article reports on the decline in the weekly yield indexes of the bond market as the majority of economic data released came in below expectations in the U.S. The decrease in the index is attributed to the cautionary attitude of Treasuries people on yield indexes due to the mystery rally of...
- July CPI Rises 0.1%; Core Rate Gains 0.2%. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p2
The article reports developments on the consumer price index (CPI) in July 2007 in Washington, D.C. It is stated that the U.S. July CPI data have coincided with what is expected and should not alter market expectations about the inflation. In details, July 2007 CPI was up 0.1 percent and the...
- Municipals Fall in Sluggish Session As Holiday Mindset Starts Setting In. Johilson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p2
The article reports on municipal bond market. The municipal bond market finished the week on a softer note amid sluggish activity as trading began to wind down ahead of two abbreviated holiday weeks. Government bonds pared some of their losses before the end of the session but stayed in negative...
- MARKET COMMENTARY. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/25/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p3
The article offers analysis on the stock prices that dominate the stock exchanges in the U.S. The price or earnings on stocks depends on bond yields, with higher bonds yields, the earnings yields on stocks tend to rise keeping stocks competitive with bonds. The S&P 500 Index earnings yield since...
- Tax-Exempt Prices Rise as Treasuries Climb for Third Session Out of Four. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Rise of the value of Treasury bills due to moderate industrial output growth coupled with tame core inflation; Growth in consumer price index; Dominance of new issues on the trading.