Indiana Legislature Begins Debate Over Two Tax Restructuring Plans
- Departmental Expenditure Limits. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/25/2002, Issue 84, p44
Focuses on the changes of the Departmental Expenditure Limit in Great Britain. Decrease of the budget; Reduction of resources element; Permanence of the administration costs limits.
- UK bans export credits for unproductive expenditure to 63 countries. // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 9/10, p28
Reports that Great Britain is to ban export credits for expenditure to some poor countries worldwide. Basis for the ban; Countries affected by the ban.
- The tax revolt turns 20. Hayward, Steven // Policy Review;Jul/Aug98, Issue 90, p9
Commemorates the 20th anniversary of California's Proposition 13, the property-tax cut initiative that set off America's tax revolt. Institutionalization of the tax revolt; Lessons learned from the shortcomings of the tax revolt; Prospects for the tax revolt.
- Fiscal consolidation, growth and equity. Ford, Robert // OECD Observer;Feb/Mar98, Issue 210, p37
Presents information on fiscal consolidation in Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries, emphasizing the impact of growth and equity. Reference to increased gross domestic product in some OECD countries; Origin of trend increases in expenditure; Objective of the...
- Bills seek extensions for renaissance zones. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the implementation of a bill, by Chairman of the House Urban Policy and Economic Development Committee, Michael Hanley seeking extensions for renaissance zones. Examination of the stipulation outlined in the bill; Information on the tax wavering program implemented by Governor John...
- DETR tackles capping. Harding, David // Public Finance;03/27/98, p4
Reports that the Department of Environment, Transport and the Region's long-delayed consultation papers on local government finance outlined an end to `crude and universal capping' in Britain. Information on the changes to the council tax benefit system and local referendums on council tax; Why...
- The Output Effect of Fiscal Consolidation. Palacios, Milagros // Fraser Forum;Nov/Dec2012, p23
The article focuses on the study of fiscal adjustments by spending cuts or tax increase approach which is less harmful economically.
- Tax limitation initiatives. Pattison, Scott // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on Amendment 1, a tax-limitation initiative which was passed by Colorado voters in the fall of 1992. Need for voter approval of tax increases; Tax-limitation organizations in other states; Details.
- $750,000 in TOT funds go to North County groups. // San Diego Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p37
Reports on the June 30, 1997 approval of more than $750,000 funds for North County groups, which were collected for taxes paid by tourists at hotels and motels in San Diego County, which charge Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT). Who the funds were distributed through; Identification of North County...