California Needs to Cut Another $5B
- As Utah Deficit Grows, Lawmakers Consider Tapping Rainy-Day Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2002 budget deficit faced by the Utah legislators as of February 21, 2002. Possibility of increased revenue from the 2002 Winter Olympic Games; Cause of the economic slowdown in the state.
- What happened from 5 points of view. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/21/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p40
Presents interviews with Indiana state legislators concerning the outcome of the budget session. Failure of leadership during the session; Passing of a balanced budget; Rivalry between Indianapolis and the rest of the state; Tax abatement for high technology personal property; Role of the media...
- Budgets, terror top agendas. // State Government News;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the news story reported by the Associated Press on January 7, 2002 about the legislative agenda of state legislatures in the U.S. in 2002. Reduction of state budgets; Prevention of terrorism.
- Dueling Budget Bills Pass. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/27/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33686, p7
The article reports on the move of the House and Senate chambers of the Kansas Legislature to adopt the versions of a 14 billion U.S. dollars budget for fiscal 2013.
- Legislature focused on budget. // Graham Leader;4/20/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 71, p2A
The article reports on the move of Texas Legislature to pass bills focusing more on state budget for 2012-2013.
- Open for business? // Westchester County Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p4
In this article the author discusses the need for the New York state Legislature to pass a final state budget that does not hurt businesses with fees and taxes.
- MNA scores victories in state budget. // Massachusetts Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the completion of the state budget for fiscal year 2004 by legislators on Beacon Hill in Boston, Massachusetts. Multi-million decrease of the budget faced by the legislators; Reason of the budget deficit; Effort of the Massachusetts Nurses Association in protecting and preserving...
- A state budget?...At last. Brooks, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;05/04/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 18, p1
Focuses on the agreement between the governors and leaders of the New York state legislature on state budget. Commencement of the process of drafting the necessary budget bills; Elements of the state budget; Primary obstacle to the passage of the 2000 state budget; Increase of budget in education.
- LETTER. Wagner, Scott // Central Penn Business Journal;9/18/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Time to get serious about the state budget" in the September 11, 2015 issue.