Warm Winters, Debt Burden Push Philadelphia Gas Works to Brink
- Pennsylvania Speaker Eyes Takeover of Philly Gas Works. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32162, p4
The article informs that a leading Pennsylvania lawmaker has initiated legislation providing for a state takeover of the Philadelphia Gas Works through a bond issue of about $1 billion. Under the proposal, the state would relieve the troubled public utility of its debt in preparation for a...
- Philadelphia Keeping Troubled Gas Works, for Now. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p3
Reports on decision of Philadelphia Mayor John Street to not privatize the gas utility Philadelphia Gas Works. Problems faced by the gas utility company; Bonds to be issued by the company in December 2002; Outstanding debts of the gas utility.
- Philly gas seeks trade partners. // PHC Profit Report;Jan97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
Reports that Philadelphia Gas Works held a vendor open house on December 11, 1996.
- Philadelphia utility skims service pacts. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Announces the availability of cheap service contracts for gas furnaces and heaters, from the Philadelphia Gas Works under their Residential Parts & Labor Plan. Coverage of the plan; Period of promotion run; Guarantees offered to customers of the Residential Parts & Labor Plan; Number of...
- Pennsylvania PUC Bails Out Philadelphia Gas Works With $36M Rate Hike. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p34
Reports on the price-rate increase rate in Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) granted by the Public Utility Commission (PUC). Worth of the extraordinary rate increase; Forecasts of PGW's liquidity position; Suggestions from the utility's financial advisor on the PUC action.
- Former Philadelphia Gas Works CFO Gets Six-to-25-Month Prison Sentence. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p3
Reports the imprisonment of former chief financial officer Ramon Sharbutt of Philadelphia Gas Works in Pennsylvania. Involvement in financial scandal; Charges filed against Sharbutt; Influence in the decline of the credit ratings of the company.
- Philly utility offers $500 to switch to gas. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p5
Reports on Philadelphia Gas Works' offer of $500 worth of free gas to homeowners if they convert to gas heat from oil or electricity. Use of gas for cooking and water heating; Installation of new equipment; Outcry from the oil heat industry; Question on why the utility company would offer an...
- State takeover bid won't derail Philadelphia gas works deal. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p3
Reports on the proposal of Pennsylvania to take over the Philadelphia Gas Works. Bond sale planned by the utility; Deregulation of the gas utility industry.
- A Return to Stability. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p1
Reports on the business performance of the U.S.-based municipally-owned utility Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW). Losses incurred by the company; Ratings of PGW revenue bonds; Impact of computer billing system on the business performance of PGW.