Republican Plan Calls for Deeper Cuts in Arizona
- Central American budgeting scorecard: Cross cultural insights. Mendoza, Roberto; Collins, Frank; Holzmann, Oscar J. // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p190
Presents the findings of a descriptive study on budgeting practices and attitudes in the United States and Central America. Discussion on the results of the study; Examination of the comparative budgeting beliefs; What is the greatest impact on budgeting practices.
- How `gang of six' fashions a budget. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/97, Vol. 89 Issue 120, p1
Presents information on the budget process in the United States for 1997. Reference to the negotiations between the White House and GOP negotiators; Who took part in the negotiations; Where they were held; Criticisms and approbation at the 1997 negotiations; What the budget deal calls for.
- Capitol offenders. Cox, Christopher // Policy Review;Fall90, Issue 54, p38
Explains the proposed Budget Process Reform Act. Problems with the current budget process in the United States; Key features of an effective budget process; Enforcement mechanisms.
- New year. No budget. Good news. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/99, Vol. 91 Issue 214, p1
Analyzes the fall 1999 United States budget process and suggests possible benefits of the gridlock for taxpayers.
- The Federal Budget Process. // Congressional Digest;May79, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p132
Discusses the budget process of the U.S. federal government. Interrelated phases of the process; Executive formulation and transmittal; Congressional action; Budget execution and control; Budget carry-over.
- New budget rules. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/2/2003, Issue 323081, p32
Reports on the formation of the Budget Accountability Act in response to the staggering of the 2003â€“2004 budget of the California State Legislature.
- The master plan. Lewis, Chris // Marketing Week;2/26/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p95
Gives information on how specialist events managers are expected to gain value from spending and to be precise in managing budgets. Information on the objectives of exhibiting; Information on substantial cost of overseas events; Reference to generating customer interest in advance.
- Senate Narrowly Passes Bush Plan, Thanks to VP's Vote. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;4/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31614, p6
Reports on the approval of $2.248 trillion budget blueprint on April 11, 2003 by the U.S. Senate. Provisions under the budget; Amendments approved by the U.S. House of Representatives in the budget.
- Ohio Senate to Weigh House's $48.6B Budget Plan, Including Tax Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31614, p31
Reports on the plans of Ohio Senate to consider a $48.6 billion fiscal 2004-05 budget proposal. Changes to the proposal done by the state's House; Provisions of the budget proposal; Other proposed changes to the proposal.
- Good news, bad news for FY 1997 federal R&D budgets. Teich, Albert H.; Cassidy, Bonnie Bisol // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p20
Presents information about research and development (R&D) health and defense related budgets for the financial year 1997, in the United States. Number of appropriations bills approved by the Senate; Why completion of the budget work is complicated; Summary of how R&D budgets are faring.