Colorado Treasurer Puts School District Finances, Financing Under Microscope
- Colo. Treasurer: Rainy-Day Fund Would Help Boost Ratings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p40
Reports that Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman will try to convince lawmakers in the legislative session of January 2003 to create a rainy-day fund which would help resolve fiscal crisis in the state and increase its credit rating. Impact of the proposal by Coffman to change the state's 1992...
- The New War Veterans in Congress: All Republicans, All Americans. De Wind, Dorian // Moderate Voice;1/2/2011, p13
A blog posted by Dorian De Wind on the war veterans serving in U.S. Congress in 2011, including Illinois Republican Mark Kirk, Colorado Republican Mike Coffman, and Allen West from Florida, is discussed.
- Colorade Committee Will Rethink School Funding Methods. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31547, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman is planning to form a committee for implementing possible changes in its school funding programs. Composition of the committee; Information on the state's intercept program for schools that guarantees bondholders repayment of outstanding debt;...
- Colorado Official Seeks Big Changes in Wake of St. Vrain Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31532, p40
Reports on the plans of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to send a team of financial advisors to write a plan to help the Saint Vrain Valley School District recover from its financial problems. Jobs to be carried out by these advisors; Intention of Coffman to support a legislation to eliminate a...
- Elizabeth School District in Talks to Get $1.5 Million Bailout From Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p7
Reports on the announcement made by Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman to negotiate a $1.5 million financial bailout plan with Denver, Colorado-based Elizabeth School District. Reasons behind the negotiations; Shortfall of funds faced by the district in 2002.
- Colorado Treasurer Requests Audit of Boulder School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p3
Reports that Mike Coffman, Treasurer of Colorado called for an audit of the Boulder Valley School district's use of funds from the state's Interest Free Loan Program as of July 15, 2003. Investigations made by internal revenue service of a number of tax and revenue anticipation note issues in...
- Colorado Treasurer Halts Loan to School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p2
Reports on the disapproval of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to the loan payments for the Gunisson Watershed School District in Colorado. Reason for the disagreement of Coffman to the payments; Inability of the district to repay the lona; Condition of Coffman to the reconsideration of the...
- Colo. Treasurer Reinstates District Loan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p2
Reports on the decision of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to reinstate the Gunnison Watershed School District RE-J loan. Approval of revised budget; Compliance with the loan obligations to the state; Omission of cuts from classrooms.
- Colorado Treasurer Pessimistic About Current State of Tobacco. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p1
Reports on the pessimism of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman toward the issuance of tobacco revenue bonds. Percentage of the interest rates; Discussion of the securitization proposal; Reduction of the budget deficits.