New Maryland Governor Pushes Chesapeake Remediation
- Trends in Public Finance. Magill, Roswell // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/39, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p98
Presents the text of a speech given by Roswell Magill, professor of law at Columbia University, at the 20th annual meeting of the American Petroleum Institute in Chicago, Illinois, on November 13, 1939, which deals with the trends in public finance.
- Upwardly mobile? Ross, David // Financial Management;May2003, p13
Compares the budget speech of chancellor Gordon Brown and the analysis of the independent forecasts in Great Britain. Volatility of the world economy; Increase of national insurance contribution; Concentration of the budget measures.
- Book, Chapter, and Verse. Hoover, Herbert // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/1/36, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p49
Presents a speech by Herbert Hoover, given before the Academy of Music's Republican Rally on October 16, 1936, dealing with government expenditures in the U.S.
- Taxation After the War. Lutz, Harley L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/1/44, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p503
Presents the text of a speech given by Princeton University Public Finance Professor Harley L. Lutz on May 4, 1944, which deals with the subject of taxation.
- Why Can't Government Be Run Like a Business?: NEVER MIND THE PARTY. Regan, Edward V. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/82, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p714
Presents the text of a speech given by New York State Comptroller Edward V. Regan on June 28, 1982, which deals with the inability of the U.S. federal government to balance its budget.
- Canada's Conservative Government. Walker, Michael A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/1/85, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p39
Presents a speech by Michael A. Walker, director of the Fraser Institute, delivered at the Fraser Institute Fall General Meeting in Ontario, Canada on September 23, 1985. Concerns over the state of the country's finances; Political content of policy decisions in the country; Changes made in the...
- A Boston Tea Party--1979 Style: THE CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED BALANCED BUDGET. Ash, Roy L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/79, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p538
Presents the text of a speech given by Roy L. Ash, chairman and chief executive officer of AM International company, on May 8, 1979 which deals with the balanced budget and private investments.
- Public Confidence In Government. Staats, Elmer B. // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/15/73, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p281
Presents the text of a speech given by Elmer B. Staats, comptroller general of the U.S., on October 5, 1972, which deals with the federal budget and public finance.
- The Economic Situation. Hickman, W. Braddock // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/1/66, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p565
Presents the text of a speech given by W. Braddock Hickman, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, on May 23, 12966, which deals with U.S. financial and monetary policy.